"Time to feed the hogs" - Reference

PDA

Telperion
January 25, 2004, 01:46 AM
I've seen this phrase around here a bit. I have a rough idea of what it means, but could somebody explain the reference since I haven't read Unintended Consequences (it's on my list)?

If you enjoyed reading about ""Time to feed the hogs" - Reference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HABU
January 25, 2004, 01:52 AM
Read UC, it will make more sence. BG's turned into bovine scatation.:D

Boats
January 25, 2004, 02:00 AM
On a zoological note, hogs are not bovines.:D They are swine.

Porter Rockwell
January 25, 2004, 02:04 AM
You read may ball cap?
I had a few basic black ballcaps printed up with a bright red inscription "Time To Feed The Hogs"...
I meet many interesting folks in The Gun Culture..
Oh, not a few feds along the way!

mdsteele
January 25, 2004, 03:44 AM
Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

As a gun owner, it's your duty to read this.

Pendragon
January 25, 2004, 04:40 AM
I am guessing the hogs serve a similar function as in the movie Hannibal.

My dad lived on a farm as a boy - he said that pigs eat everything including bones.

So - if you feed a guy to a lion, you still got a nasty husk to get rid of - I assume that if you feed the hogs, the body is more effectively "mulched" into fertilizer.

Technically, if somone found scat, they could look for bone fragments and do DNA - but from a practical standpoint, who is going to sift through pig poop on the off chance they may find something?

Very very very nasty business.

7.62FullMetalJacket
January 25, 2004, 12:06 PM
Is true. Young and on the farm, castration was part of the glory. My Gramps jut threw the "parts" out in the yard, and they were gone by the time we emerged.

Pilgrim
January 25, 2004, 01:44 PM
Technically, if somone found scat, they could look for bone fragments and do DNA - but from a practical standpoint, who is going to sift through pig poop on the off chance they may find something?

In Canada, British Columbia I think, the police were doing just that at a hog farm. They suspected that some hookers who had disappeared from town just might have been used to feed the hogs.

A couple years back if I remember correctly.

Pilgrim

hansolo
January 25, 2004, 02:20 PM
Hey, thanks a lot for that lovely mental image.......my breakfast nearly ended up on my keyboard.:barf:

Harry Tuttle
January 25, 2004, 02:33 PM
heres the shirt!:
http://www.cafeshops.com/bowmans_mill

HABU
January 25, 2004, 02:53 PM
On a zoological note, hogs are not bovines. They are swine. I was laying in bed this morning half awake and it occured to me that cattle are bovine, not swine. I knew someone was gonna call me on that.:o It's not uncommon for my subconscious to work on an error all night and manifest it to my conscious whilst waking up. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about ""Time to feed the hogs" - Reference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!