Ruger Single Six Cylinder Jam

PDA

seattledave
September 6, 2011, 02:04 AM
I purchased a Ruger Single Six a while back and have noticed a recurring problem with the .22LR cylinder. Basically, one chamber seems to jam up keeping the cylinder from rotating. If I really clean out the chamber well it gets a little better, but starts jamming up after about 25 rounds or so. Just wondering if this is typical for these or if I should send it back to Ruger. I love the gun otherwise, but it's kind of a pain to shoot like it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Single Six Cylinder Jam" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lonerider357
September 6, 2011, 02:05 AM
send it to ruger!

Prosser
September 6, 2011, 03:35 AM
I had the same thing with a FA 252. Chambers were too tight for my ammo.
It was a match grade cylinder. Gun shoots 3/8" at 50 yards for it's new match shooter.

I went with a Single Six as well. I would suggest trying the .224" Paco Kelly tool
for your ammo. Also, have that one chamber reamed out by a really good gunsmith, or, send it to Ruger. Of course, they are the ones that screwed it up in the first place, and, you'll pay a lot of money to ship it back, and have it worked on by a minimum wage gunsmith, just learning...
Still, this isn't rocket science...

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Single Six Cylinder Jam" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!