empty popcorn can tip

PDA

mm1ut1
September 6, 2011, 11:47 AM
Save those empty popcorn cans that come out around Christmas, the type with the three compartment divider. You can use them for holding your spent brass at the range. One compartment for 45,another 30-06, or whatever. I also use them when prepping bulk brass.

If you enjoyed reading about "empty popcorn can tip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dbarnhart
September 6, 2011, 12:13 PM
I use the buckets that the Tidy Cat kitty litter comes in. They are stackable, have an attached lid and handle. I have one for each caliber plus one for scrap brass. They are very sturdy, originally holding 35 pounds of kitty litter.

I'm guessing one will hold about 2000 rounds of 308 brass or 4000 rounds of 223.

Hondo 60
September 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
Both sound like good ideas! ^^^^^^

I use Lg cottage cheese buckets for short range trips.
For longer range trips (more ammo shot) I use 5 qt ice cream pails.

I keep several of each in the back of my Jeep.

rcmodel
September 6, 2011, 05:02 PM
Free frosting/icing buckets from your local bakery work good too!
And you don't even have to wash the popcorn salt out of them!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/Shop8.jpg

rc

Sin City Shootist
September 6, 2011, 05:59 PM
Free frosting/icing buckets from your local bakery work good too!

Well as long as that frosting is gone first. I could imagine how fat I would be if I had to eat it before I could use it for brass. lol

gamestalker
September 7, 2011, 01:02 AM
I'm one step ahead of you. I use emply coffee container's and then lable them for each action I'm shooting. This allows me to keep my firearm specific brass easily separated for future reloading. I find this particularily useful for actions that I neck for. In side of each container is a baggie that has a number on it relevant to how many times that brass, for that action, has been reloaded. I don't do this for any reason other than curiosity as to my brass life.
Regarding brass life, I thought it was interesting that my RL22 7mm loads at max powder charge, and a bit more, are making it to between 12 & 15 reloadings before getting scraped out.

bigcim
September 7, 2011, 10:17 AM
mm1ut1 Save those empty popcorn cans that come out around Christmas, the type with the three compartment divider. You can use them for holding your spent brass at the range. One compartment for 45,another 30-06, or whatever. I also use them when prepping bulk brass.
If you don't clean the bucket out your brass can automatically be prelubed with butter lol

dickttx
September 7, 2011, 11:15 AM
rcmodel, you have more money tied up in ammo cans than I have in all my reloading equipment!!!!!!:D

rcmodel
September 7, 2011, 12:54 PM
The ammo cans were free where I got them!

Course, I had to empty them of all that free GI ammo first!

And that was a lot of work! :D

rc

langenc
September 8, 2011, 12:20 AM
Pull those cardboard dividers out of the cans. It is more fun to sort thru all that brass to find what you are looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "empty popcorn can tip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!