Lee Safety Primer Install

PDA

MoreIsLess
September 6, 2011, 04:59 PM
I just got my Lee Safety Primer and I am having trouble getting it installed correctly (I think). It seems like the arm that raises/lowers the ram is bumpimg the tray. Maybe I need to lower the arm on the press. Lee instructions are fairly vague.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4458/20110906064050.jpg

Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Safety Primer Install" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bula
September 6, 2011, 06:13 PM
Loosen the handle joins the linkage and rotate the handle, you'll notice the handle bar has a gentle curve which should rotate the handle ball away from the press.

Olympus
September 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
And make sure your Safety Prime lines up with the primer pocket on the ram. Mine is angled slightly sideways to match the primer pocket on the ram.

dickttx
September 7, 2011, 10:04 AM
Exactly what the others have said.

1KPerDay
September 7, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yep. Looks to me like you have the arm bending toward you, rather than bending to the right away from the press/primer assy. Just loosen the bolt, twist the arm so it's bending as far away to the right as possible, and you're golden.

squarles67
September 7, 2011, 01:28 PM
Also make sure to have the black plastic spacer under the mounting tab on the press. (can't tell in the pic)

MoreIsLess
September 8, 2011, 09:22 AM
Also make sure to have the black plastic spacer under the mounting tab on the press. (can't tell in the pic)

Sure enough, that's the problem

squarles67
September 8, 2011, 09:35 AM
Yep, the instructions aren't real clear on that point

RandyP
September 8, 2011, 01:55 PM
These Lee self-help videos are worth the viewing:

http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Turret-Press-Help.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Safety Primer Install" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!