You rotten no good Hakim, to the moon Alice

PDA

telewinz
January 25, 2004, 05:28 PM
Just spent 2 hours reinstalling the front barrel band and front barrel band base to my "precious" Hakim. Just spent a week refinishing it and it looks pretty good yet I failed to pay close attention when taking it apart. It has the most OVER-engineered barrel band and base made by man. I used a everything from a rubber mallet to TLC but to no avail. It was only when I walked away and reflected that this rifle was designed to be put together by a semi-trained soldier with an IQ of 80 was a able to install it correctly. It takes 2 seconds if you are slow:uhoh: Here's a picture of my rotten no-good Hakim with the most complicated front barrel band assembly known to man.:scrutiny: NO there are no bent parts so don't waste your time looking!

If you enjoyed reading about "You rotten no good Hakim, to the moon Alice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamBam-31
January 25, 2004, 07:53 PM
LOL! I thought the same about my Yugo SKS: Wow, kinda complicated. Then I took the conscript "soldier w/ 80 IQ" POV, and it all made sense.

Nice, rifle, BTW. Nice sheets, too. Dick Tracy, eh? :D

Gordon
January 25, 2004, 08:36 PM
Ha, Ha I know what you mean ! I'm not gonna remove the capture paint (Hebrew writing) as It adds to the look.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "You rotten no good Hakim, to the moon Alice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!