Can NJ resident with Firearms Purchasers Card buy handgun ammo online?

PDA

bushmaster1313
September 11, 2011, 03:23 AM
Midway says that after Jan 2008 it can no longer ship handgun ammo to NJ
Can handgun ammo by shipped to a NJ resident who has the card?

In state purchases require showing the card.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can NJ resident with Firearms Purchasers Card buy handgun ammo online?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AirForceShooter
September 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Nope
The sellers aren't going to risk it.

Take a drive to Pennsylvania.

AFS

Nicky Santoro
September 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
Since NJ law stops at the state line, most online ammo sellers do not require an FOID. Sportsman's Guide is one that comes to mind. Midway does but you can scan your FOID and email it to them and you'll be good to go.

GRIZ22
September 11, 2011, 04:38 PM
I have found on line ammo dealers treat NJ residents regarding handgun ammo purchases three ways:

1. No sales.
2. Send us a copy of your NJ FID.
3. We are not in NJ, sell you whatver you want.

Since NJ law stops at the state line,

Nicky is 100% correct. Whatever cautions a dealer wants to exercise is their choice.

Murphy4570
September 12, 2011, 12:59 AM
I have made multiple purchases from SGammo.com and cheaperthandirt.com, and have had many thousands of rounds shipped directly to my front door.

I have also had another online website refuse to sell me milsurp 30-06 AP ammo, because I was in NJ.

Find a seller that doesn't care what NJ says, and buy from them.

Horny Toad
September 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
I buy ammo online exclusively. Never had a single issue with either handgun, shotgun or rifle ammo. Simply avoid Midway.

brickeyee
September 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
Since NJ law stops at the state line,

But a federal lawsuit does not.

The state can sue in federal court, and even if it gets thrown out, you have to respond or lose.

galapoola
September 13, 2011, 10:36 AM
Cabela's doesn't seem to care. I've purchased 45acp and 22LR (which is technically a handgun ammo in NJ)

Tom488
September 13, 2011, 03:34 PM
Some places do, some don't. Technically, if the ammo is shipped FOB Origin, then you as the buyer are taking ownership and responsibility for the package once it leaves the shipper's dock. It's as if you went there yourself and bought it in person. So, as long as YOU are legal (meaning you possess an FID), there's no issue with buying handgun ammo online.

I once ran into a seller who refused to ship me .303 Savage ammunition, because I was in NJ... because he believed that per NJ law, he had to see my identification in person before selling me any ammunition. :cuss:

GRIZ22
September 13, 2011, 08:29 PM
But a federal lawsuit does not.

The state can sue in federal court, and even if it gets thrown out, you have to respond or lose.

This is true but has no application to the OP. NJ can't sue FL or a NJ resident and tell them FL can't issue a non-resident carry permit to a NJ resident. NJ can't say you need to have a Firearms ID card to buy pistol ammo in another state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can NJ resident with Firearms Purchasers Card buy handgun ammo online?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!