Need new CCW setup

PDA

Parallax
September 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
My current carry gun is a Glock 19 in a Dale Fricke Archangel IWB holster in the appendix position. Right now I'm using a thick, generic belt for CCW. It's starting to fold over, causing excess printing and making the holster uncomfortable. I'm also carrying my spare mag in a pocket which is not optimal for a few reasons.

I need a new belt and a new way to carry a spare mag. I would also like to start carrying a fixed blade knife, something like a Kabar TDI or similar.

Any suggestions? I know this type of thread has been done but it doesn't seem like too many people carry AIWB or carry fixed blade knives so I thought I'd start a thread for my specific situation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need new CCW setup" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
September 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
Personally, I'd talk to member Joel (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=607858) here and ask him to quote a set-up like you want. A holster, mag pouch, sheath, and matching belt from him would be both indestructible and elegant.

He's amazing with leather-work, and enough of a "new name" that his prices are still very reasonable.

I've known him for several years and both I and BullfrogKen use his stuff daily, or nearly so.

bigfatdave
September 12, 2011, 11:41 AM
BeltMan will make you s uperb belt (read the sizing instructions!)
CrossBreed makes great holsters and a matching magazine carrier.
Can't help you on the knife, you could always get a double mag carrier and carry knife + mag (you would have to modify the Kydex yourself, somewhat)

Elm Creek Smith
September 12, 2011, 11:54 PM
I've had great luck recently with 5.11 TDU reversible belts in both 1.5 inch and 1.75 inch versions. One side is black and the other is either green or coyote. The 1.75 inch carries my S&W Model 681 in a Bianchi #7 Shadow holster without flopping or rolling.

ECS

If you enjoyed reading about "Need new CCW setup" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!