Fun day at work today!

PDA

scythefwd
September 12, 2011, 04:07 PM
A co-worker come up to me and says I have a present for you. He knows I reload and I asked him to save me is .40 brass if he remembers.

he then hands me a bag of brass containing:

132 .40
46 9mm
74 45 acp
77 .223
2 45 lc.

I can use the 9mm and .40. not enough of the rest to sell, will probably try to trade for bullets in small amounts or primers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fun day at work today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve Koski
September 12, 2011, 04:21 PM
Sweet.

Just give 'em to friends who reload those calibers.

scythefwd
September 12, 2011, 04:24 PM
I dont know anyone who loads those calibers... I'm the only loader I know personally. My old man doesn't load those calibers either. Like I said, I'll probably try to trade for 50-100 MBC bullets in .401 or something. 100 large pistol primers, nothing expensive.. but I've got like 3 dollars in brass to trade....

noylj
September 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
You need to buy some guns so you CAN use those cases.

BossHogg
September 13, 2011, 11:27 AM
Good answer.

MyGreenGuns
September 13, 2011, 11:45 AM
I shoot outdoors mostly. I try to pick up more brass than I shot. Most of the time it ends up riding around in the back of my truck for awhile til I can toss it. (I dont reload .. yet)
I was pumping gas one day and the guy on the other side was talking on his phone about his new Dillon press and all the ammo he was going to make. I tossed 2 bagfuls of casings in the back of his truck. (Without asking him) He got mad and picked it up to throw it back at me, then realized what it was.
He got all excited and asked what caliber it was. "A little of everything" The look on his face said I made his day, I usually just toss it out.

mgmorden
September 13, 2011, 11:48 AM

Sadly I've had that type of logic hit me before. Looking through the ammo drawer I found 2 boxes of .45 ACP from a previous lemon gun that I sold and I immediately thought "Hey, I need to buy another .45 so I can use this up!" :D.

steelerdude99
September 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
If it's not worth the worry about for the few $ you get from scrap, I drop it in the range bucket. They reload and use it. I often pick up .40 when I pick my own brass as they are often similar size at a distance to 9mm. I take it back w/ me the next time I go shoot. I have nothing against .40; I just don't have anything that uses it.

scythefwd
September 13, 2011, 03:35 PM
steele - I'll tae ay 40 you accidentially pick up. I'll meet you any day of the weeek in fredericksbug after work.... You need any .45, .223, or 45 lc?

If you enjoyed reading about "Fun day at work today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!