Hello Everyone!

PDA

snordhol
January 26, 2004, 02:26 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to say 'hi' and let everyone know that I am happy to see that their are others out their just like me.

http://dastardlyweasel.com/assets/snordhol/temp/hicks031.jpg

Cheers

Snordhol

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello Everyone!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4570Rick
January 26, 2004, 02:35 AM
Welcome to THR. Enjoy yourself and by the way, new guy buys the beer.:D

Camel
January 26, 2004, 03:56 AM
Howdy snordhol welcome to THR. Hang around and have some fun.

new guy buys the beer
Well that isnt fair, Im too young to drink. I say new guy buys the ammo :D

Lennyjoe
January 26, 2004, 03:56 AM
Welcome aboard newbie.;)

Hang out, enjoy yourself and feel free to jump in at any time.

We learn alot from each other here.

Lot of folks here from Cali also. They hold shoots all the time. Keep an eye out for the next one close by. Good way to meet folks with the same hobby.

4570Rick
January 26, 2004, 04:26 AM
BTW it's too bad Huntington Beach's public shooting range is off limits to the public.:mad:

jimpeel
January 26, 2004, 04:54 AM
Welcome. There's a lot to learn here so fasten your seat belt.

AZLibertarian
January 26, 2004, 09:44 AM
BTW it's too bad Huntington Beach's public shooting range is off limits to the public. Would you mind explaining how a public shooting range is closed to the public that finances it? If the answer is just because its in California, I'll understand.

BTW, Welcome snordhol.

Norton
January 26, 2004, 09:48 AM
Welcome aboard,

If those are Remington 870s you guys are holding, you'll find a quick mentor in Dave McCracken over on the shotgun board. OTOH....he'll be a great mentor even if they aren't 870s, but it never hurts;)

Preacherman
January 26, 2004, 09:51 AM
Welcome to THR! What does "Snordhol" mean, please?

El Tejon
January 26, 2004, 11:00 AM
Greetings from the Wabash Valley!:)

Skunkabilly
January 26, 2004, 11:22 AM
Word up, dawg. I'm a few miles south of you. Checkit.

TonyB
January 26, 2004, 11:40 AM
Welcome,but if you mean people like you......gun totin' ,Bill o' Rights believin',US of A lovin' shooters........you're right.....:cool:

snordhol
January 26, 2004, 12:56 PM
Preacherman,

I am a student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and Snordhol is my UNIX username. I find it quite catchy and it just sort of stuck.

Scott Nordholm

Thanks for all the support you guys!

Skunkabilly
January 26, 2004, 01:00 PM
Snordhol, what type of shooting do you do?

Brian Williams
January 26, 2004, 01:07 PM
Welcome and nice Arsenal, oops I mean collection.

snordhol
January 26, 2004, 01:21 PM
At this point we just plink and shoot trap. I can't say that I am any good (19 for 25 is my best); but I always try to enjoy myself while on the range or out in the desert.

Hey Skunk, I posted your Mall Security picture (http://www.dastardlyweasel.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135&view=findpost&p=1115) on my forum (http://dastardlyweasel.com/forum/) and one of the members immediatly wanted to know 'is that legit?'! I told him I would pass along the word.

BTW, That picture was taken out on the victorvill lake bed.

Brian Dale
January 26, 2004, 01:23 PM
Snordhol — noun (Norw., from Old Norse) — one who is tired, sunburned, dirty and happy after another long day at at the range.

Welcome to The High Road! :D

jimpeel
January 26, 2004, 04:40 PM
You want real? Try this!

http://www.skunkabilly.com/videos/gointactical.wmv

Yes, that's our Skunky!

snordhol
January 26, 2004, 05:13 PM
Ok, two questions:

1) During the middle of that clip, was the speed increaced , or is Skunk just that good?

2) When is the next time you are going shooting? The the dude's in the picture above want to join you or someone one else with THAT kind of talent.

And the Geek part of me wants to know if you can actually solve that 5x5 Rubix Cube?

Thanks

Android Bob
January 26, 2004, 05:30 PM
If those are Remington 870s you guys are holding, you'll find a quick mentor in Dave McCracken over on the shotgun board. OTOH....he'll be a great mentor even if they aren't 870s, but it never hurts

Actually one is a Remington Model 17 20ga and the other is a Winchester model 12. Both were made before 1930.

Quartus
January 26, 2004, 05:32 PM
I am happy to see that their are others out their just like me.

We are NOT just like you! We are all much better looking!

Well, except Skunk, of course.

:D

Welcome aboard, Oh UNIX One!

Victimville, eh? Used to go out Wild Wash Road to cap a round or two. If you come across an old washing machine with a tennis ball sized DEEP dent in the side out there, that was my old friend Denny and his black powder mortar. :D

thumbtack
January 26, 2004, 06:30 PM
Welcome

Skunkabilly
January 26, 2004, 06:36 PM
Ok, two questions:

1) During the middle of that clip, was the speed increaced , or is Skunk just that good?

2) When is the next time you are going shooting? The the dude's in the picture above want to join you or someone one else with THAT kind of talent.

And the Geek part of me wants to know if you can actually solve that 5x5 Rubix Cube?

Thanks

The middle was sped up, my camera only does 30 seconds of video and the song was short so I had to arrange it as such :o

Me not sure when I'm going shooting next, depends if Duke of Lawnchair will be in town on Saturday.

The cube is almost done....just have two pieces that are switched :banghead:

Norton
January 26, 2004, 08:12 PM
Actually one is a Remington Model 17 20ga and the other is a Winchester model 12. Both were made before 1930.

Very nice firearms indeed.....give us a couple closeups when you get a chance....

BowStreetRunner
January 26, 2004, 08:38 PM
hi and welcome:)

snordhol
January 26, 2004, 08:56 PM
Norton

Hick's Central (http://dastardlyweasel.com/assets/snordhol/temp/Evan(s).jpg)

I have some more pictures to scan in from that adventure, so there will be more on the way.

Android Bob
January 26, 2004, 11:28 PM
Ahh! Bad pic. Show the one with me ejecting the shell. I will show some closups when I find the time to scan some in. I will also show some pics of my dad's mauser that my grandpa brought bake with him from WWII. It has swasticas stamped on the barrel. And no My grandpa faught for the USA. He took it from a dead German soldier.

Norton
January 27, 2004, 07:54 AM
Fine looking shotgun there.

My FIL has 2 or 3 early Winchester lever actions that are of that same vintage (20's or 30's) and I'm really hoping that one day he'll thin the herd a little and give me one.....after all I have to take good care of his little girl, right?

Then again, my FIL has lots of guns.....maybe I should start planning where the next 3 safes are going to go in the house
:D

Ala Dan
January 27, 2004, 11:24 AM
Greeting's And Welcome Aboard From The Frigid "Deep South"

With the NWS tracking a depression sweeping through
the Gulf, possibly being here between Feburary 2-4, I'd
better get my shooting clothes on too; and join you with
a trip to the range! That is one thing you ********** guys
and gals got going for you; the fact that the weather
mostly stays in your favor. That old winter storm
could mess things up here in "The Heart Of Old Dixie"?

Looks like you have been enjoying yourself there my friend.
Kind'a looks like a place where we use to pull the patrol car
out to at about midnight, shut off all lighting except the
"blue lights"; and fire at tin cans, as the strobes flashed
by. At any rate, enjoy yourself as you cruse through these
discussion forums.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Android Bob
January 27, 2004, 04:42 PM
Greeting's And Welcome Aboard From The Frigid "Deep South"

Thank you.

Fine looking shotgun there.

It is a verry nice shotgun. Never had any problems with it. only thing it could use is a little restoration. get the wood refinished and have it blued. other than that it is in beautiful firing shape.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello Everyone!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!