Rossi/Interarms 62sa Value?

PDA

X-JaVeN-X
September 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, I've had this rifle awhile. My father gave it to my wife actually a few years back and he owned it for several years prior. I can't find a lot of information on it and have no idea what the value would be. I'm thinking about selling it or trading it for something more along the lines of a savage 93 bolt action .22.

Anyway, the gun has stamped on it "Model 62 SA Interarms Alexandria, Virginia" and also "Amadeo Rossi S.A. - Made in Brazil"

It has a dark wood stock and pump handle and the barrel/receiver is what looks like stainless or nickel (I don't know how to tell the difference). Let me know if you know anything about these guns and value. Crappy cell phone pic below.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/gotspool/rossi_62sa.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi/Interarms 62sa Value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
It appears this blue one went for $300.00 at auction.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=236533977

Your stainless one might fetch a little more if it is in VG condition and you can find a buyer who really wants it..

On the other hand, there are still a lot of brand new Taurus 62A's out there for about $225 or so.

Trading to a dealer will get you maybe a $100 bucks on it.

My advice?
They don't make them anymore.
And some day, you may wish you had kept your dad's very handy & light old pump rifle.

rc

X-JaVeN-X
September 16, 2011, 06:06 PM
Yea...i haven't decided if I'm going to sell it or not...that's kind of why I wanted to get a little more info on it...as far as a sentimental heirloom...meh...my dad is still around and well and between the two of us we have way too many guns lol. I'm sure I will have more than my share to remember him by.

My wife saw it when we were shooting one day and said "That's a cute rifle"...to which my dad said..."Yeah? It's yours if you want it."

Cearbhall
September 16, 2011, 06:31 PM
Keep it. I have the same model, blued, in .22 magnum I bought in the 80s. $125 brand new.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi/Interarms 62sa Value?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!