Custom j frame revolvers.

PDA

MUSICALGUNNUT45
September 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
Does anyone have any experience ordering j frame revolvers with custom features. ie custom barrel lengths and finishes ect. Im saving up to buy a custom gun of some sorts ( either a revolver or a 1911) and was wondering if anyone had any experince and examples.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom j frame revolvers." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 18, 2011, 02:07 PM
S&W doesn't do custom barrel lengths.
And you are pretty much limited on finishes to Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum, and blued steel, depending on what the J-Frame is made out of.

The closest you can come on a new gun is what they list in the catalog, and the Performance Center stuff.
But they are catalog items, and what you see is what you get.

rc

WC145
September 18, 2011, 03:02 PM
Buy what you want for a base gun then send it to a quality 'smith to have the custom work done.

rcmodel
September 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
(either a J-Frame revolver or a 1911)Might want to narrow down your intended use before getting too carried away on a custom gun.

Those two platforms are about as far apart as you can get.

rc

MUSICALGUNNUT45
September 18, 2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah well I like them both And I figure in a few years I'll be able to save up and get whatever one I didn't order the first time. There both must haves for my to get list so the order in which I buy really dosen't matter to me.

sidheshooter
September 18, 2011, 04:12 PM
One idea:

Buy a used j of your choice of of gun broker, and send it to these guys:

http://www.geminicustoms.com/S&W/S&WServices.htm

I will probably do just that, when the right 36-1 3" heavy barrell round butt shows up on GB. I 'm not a fan of the weigand porting, but a melted, slicked, chamfered, sighted J with a birdsong finish sounds good to me.

YMMV, of course.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom j frame revolvers." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!