Video - Shooting the CZ52

PDA

duelist1954
September 18, 2011, 07:13 PM
In this video we'll give a little background on the CZ52, which was one of the mystery weapons of the Cold War. Then we'll take you through the disassembly and reassembly procedure.

After that we'll take a trip to the range and shoot the pistol at an Evil Roy steel target from Action Target Systems.

This is really a fun gun to shoot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVM4HAN8H0

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - Shooting the CZ52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PabloJ
September 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
It's very powerful pistol even by modern standards. It's stopping power shot for shot is almost equal to the PPSH!

vellocet
September 18, 2011, 08:54 PM
Nice movie, nice grey cz. It must again be noted, however, that the cz52 does not hit any harder than a Tok with the same ammo. The grips are ackward and the mag release is terrible, but I love shooting them.

nonamehavei
September 18, 2011, 09:03 PM
great now I have something else on the I want that list:D

Fastcast
September 19, 2011, 02:55 PM
Great video, thanks for sharing. Probably the best I've seen as far as camera views. Really shows off how thin the 52 is and how sweet a fine (original gray) sample is. I truly believe some of the complaining about the 52 being crude is from the hack re-arsenal job (black/blue ones) many of them received.

I really enjoy my 52 despite the naysayers and she's going nowhere!

Nakanokalronin
September 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
I much prefer the TT-33 when shooting 7.62x25 Tok ammo. I had a CZ-52 but it didn't fit well in the hand, safety/decocker was not to be trusted which is a common factor, firing pins where brittle which I changed to a better steel version and the heel release was slow with reloads. I do think they're interesting guns though and are fun to shoot. Great video review btw! :)

duelist1954
September 19, 2011, 07:06 PM
They are all fun to shoot. Luckily my de-cocker works, though I wouldn't point it at anything important when I try it. *LOL*

The grip ergonomics of both the CZ52 and the TT-33 leave a lot to be desired. But, I can shoot the CZ52 quite well.

psyshack
September 22, 2011, 01:14 AM
Fantastic pistols. My all time favorite!

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - Shooting the CZ52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!