Basic reloading on the Dillon 500B

PDA

johniac7078
September 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
I am doing a video series on reloading handgun cartridges using the Dillon 550b. The videos are in high definition and meant for beginners. These are the first two, more to follow. Eventually I will get through the ENTIRE machine, all the details. I hope someone finds them helpful. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwesaBTz29M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq6odBn5P9M&feature=channel_video_title

If you enjoyed reading about "Basic reloading on the Dillon 500B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
loadedround
September 19, 2011, 10:00 AM
Not to knock your project, but are you aware that Dillon has already produced an instructional video on reloading with the 550B press?

johniac7078
September 19, 2011, 05:26 PM
Not to knock your project, but are you aware that Dillon has already produced an instructional video on reloading with the 550B press?
Yes I am, I own it and it is pretty bad. Actually, I'd like them to give me my $20 back that I paid for it.

parker51
September 19, 2011, 08:38 PM
The first one looks pretty good to me. I would eliminate the cuss word(s) in case a kid views the video. The graphics were excellent. Would study up on the nomenclature of some of the parts as you tended to loose your train of thought several times trying to remember what some of the parts were called. I liked it a lot better than the VCR tape that I got with my machine and think it will help a lot with setting up a machine and as a good refresher for folks like me that have a couple inches of dust on their Dillon machines. Overall, I really liked it and look forward to all of the videos.

Hondo 60
September 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
I think parker51 hit it on the head.
Great video - please loose the cussword.

Thanks for making these videos.
I'm sure some beginners will find them very helpful.

If you enjoyed reading about "Basic reloading on the Dillon 500B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!