Target Gray Questions

PDA

whalerman
September 19, 2011, 11:48 PM
I was able to pick up a GP100 in target gray. I'm told it is a different blend of stainless. It doesn't have any coating, such a bluing on it, but it's not the usual color you see for stainless at all. Is this a stainless steel? Will it hold up well? How does it differ from regular stainless? What have I got here?

If you enjoyed reading about "Target Gray Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikemutt
September 19, 2011, 11:56 PM
I owned one, very nice looking gun. If you google it, you'll find it's the result of somehow tumbling stainless. Search for Lipsey, I believe they are the group responsible for it's invention and deployment.

I never thought I'd see the day I sold that gun but, I'm just not a GP100 shooter.

CraigC
September 20, 2011, 12:48 AM
It's the same stainless steel they build every other GP out of. The target gray finish is a chemically effected surface treatment. Taffin wrote that it was simply a tumbled finish but there IS indeed a chemical applied during the process.

If you enjoyed reading about "Target Gray Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!