New to this part of the forum...

PDA

TheHighRoadDude
September 20, 2011, 12:42 AM
Hello Revolver Enthusiasts,

I'm new to this part of the forum, and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys who know what revolvers are all about ;)

I will be turning 21 this year and up until I got a chance to shoot a friends revolver always thought I would be buying an Autoloader for my first pistol. I am now however thinking that I want a revolver :) I wouldn't say that I am partial to Smith and Wesson firearms. But I have owned a M&P15 and have loved it, no problems, not a single jam in hundreds and hundreds of rounds, great finish, I could go on and on lol...

So naturally I looked at there products first and the Model 686 Plus caught my eye...things that I would want in a revolver is the ability to accept moon clips, I don't know if this one does or not, I would prefer the 357/38 special combo... Any help on models that would fit this bill would be great. Sorry for the long post I'm just kind of excited! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "New to this part of the forum..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Knight
September 20, 2011, 12:53 AM
Hello. The 686 series is not factory made to accept moon clips. However they can be modified by a competent gunsmith to do this. I have a 686-1 and find no problem using speed loaders or speedstrips. You may wish to carry Safariland speed loaders. They may be nearly as quick as moon clips. HKS speed loaders are slightly slower but not by much. Good luck on your search. BTW a 686 is a great revolver.

TheHighRoadDude
September 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks Knight for the reply! I've been doing a little reading in this section and it seems like I could not go wrong with a S&W... I suppose the only way to find out what feels good in my hands is to go look at some soon :D

Lawdawg45
September 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome! You'll find the top 3 in revolvers would be S&W, Ruger and Colt, all having great customer service. I prefer Ruger because they are built like tanks and will routinely handle hot ammo. Charter Arms, Kahr and Kel Tec also make a competent gun for daily CCW.

LD

If you enjoyed reading about "New to this part of the forum..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!