Powder question

PDA

Herk30
September 20, 2011, 06:41 PM
I was all excited to see a bottle of Hodgdon Lil Gun powder on the shelf at Gander Mountain so snagged it up along with a few other things and hurried home. Upon unpacking my new goodies I noticed the bottle of powder says Hodgdon Lil Gun shotgun powder??:mad:

Is there a Lil Gun Pistol powder or are they the same thing? If there is a difference, what do I do with a pound of shotgun powder? I don't know anyone who reloads shotshells and I'm not looking to start. I obviously have enough problems:o

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
September 20, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hodgdon Lil Gun was designed as a shotgun powder for the 410 bore, and like many other powders, it's versatile enough to be used in several other applications. H110/W296 is another example, useful in 410 shotshells, and excellent in magnum pistol loads.
There is only one type of Hodgdon Lil Gun.

NCsmitty

squarles67
September 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
^^What he said^^^^

You're good to go.

Herk30
September 20, 2011, 07:42 PM
sweet thanks fellas

GCBurner
September 20, 2011, 11:06 PM
Lots of shotgun powders are useful for handgun loads, too, like Red Dot, Blue Dot, Green Dot, Clays, Universal Clays, and International Clays. I use a lot of Red Dot for small pistol loads for the .32 ACP, .380 ACP, and 9mm Luger.

ArchAngelCD
September 20, 2011, 11:53 PM
Don't forget Unique, it's also a shotgun powder...

Hondo 60
September 21, 2011, 12:36 AM
Alliant's 2400 is also a .410 shotgun & handgun powder

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!