Holster Burn

PDA

wisconsin
September 20, 2011, 10:45 PM
Just thought I'd share a Funny mishap that happened to me at the range the other day, so that you may not repeat it... and that it's just plain humorous.

After practicing drawing from my IWB holster I figured that it was time to just let 150 rds of 45 acp down range :D . After all was said and done I figured I'd re-holster my gun so i could have both hands free while policing brass. Well I forgot that a muzzle gets hot, very hot. To grasp this I carry at the 4 o'clock position with forward cant and there is nothing in between the muzzle and me but a pair of boxers.

Needless to say I yelped and cursed, and my range buddy got a good laugh. So just a head up... think before re-holstering. It avoids explaining an interesting mark to the wife :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Burn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BossHogg
September 23, 2011, 12:08 AM
Duh!!! Got a place to set the gun down at most ranges. That is funny, live and learn.

JTQ
September 23, 2011, 08:33 AM
So what holster are you using?

I'm assuming it is open ended and leaves at least part of the muzzle exposed. I'd find it hard to believe that level of heat could soak through a leather full length holster and burn your, er uh, leg.

wisconsin
September 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
So what holster are you using?
crossbreed super tuck. with a full size 1911 the muzzle sticks out the bottom slightly.

Got a place to set the gun down at most ranges
by the "range" i meant the part of my friends back yard that has targets

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Burn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!