Wanting Another Snubby, LCR Ok?

PDA

Sulaco
September 22, 2011, 04:36 PM
I just posted my LCP for trade and want to get in to another snubby. I miss my old 442 but I really want a 357. I was thinking that new LCR in 357 would be nice. Any thoughts? How do they compare to the S&W j-frame's?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wanting Another Snubby, LCR Ok?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Haywood
September 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
The LCR357 with Tamer Grip is painless and accurate. It has become my favorite 357 Snub to shoot. I carry it every day along with my SP101. I have been thinking of buying another and carrying Two but, I hate to put away the SP101.

TexasBill
September 23, 2011, 03:46 AM
The LCR357 with Tamer Grip is painless and accurate.

Define "painless."

I went with a Model 60 with a 3-inch barrel and a set of grips that allows me to use my little finger for additional grip (the little finger plays a surprisingly large role in grip strength). The additional weight and extra half-inch of grip really make a difference, especially when it comes to rapid follow-up shots.

If you miss your 442, the KSP-321XL might be worthy of your consideration; it's got a bobbed hammer and a 2.25-inch barrel. It weighs about eight ounces more than the LCR and the retail price is $54.00 higher, but you get a lot more gun and a lot more controllable gun.

Sulaco
September 23, 2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I had an SP101 and I liked it a lot. It was just a little on the heavy side for me. I am comfortable shooting hot loads in the lightweights but I do agree, the larger grip size and weight of the SP101 makes it much more pleasant to shoot.

I figure for the 99% of the time I am carrying it versus the very small percentage of time I'll actually need it, the ultra-lights are a good trade-off in comfort and concealability vs. controllability.

harmon rabb
September 23, 2011, 08:45 AM
I just posted my LCP for trade and want to get in to another snubby. I miss my old 442 but I really want a 357. I was thinking that new LCR in 357 would be nice. Any thoughts? How do they compare to the S&W j-frame's?
imo, there really is no comparison with the j-framed. the j-frames have a god awful 18lb trigger. the lcr has a nice, light, smooth trigger that feels more like 8lbs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wanting Another Snubby, LCR Ok?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!