OMG! Ruger MK 1!

PDA

Nushif
September 25, 2011, 11:43 PM
I got one at the gun show yesterday. Shot it today ...

For all you folks out there who are strapped for cash and are still avid shooters ... bite the bullet ... I thought my pistol collection was pretty filled out ... until I saw that I can go to the range literally ... every day ... and work on my pistol marksmanship ... and not break the bank in the slightest!

That is all.

If you enjoyed reading about "OMG! Ruger MK 1!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SaxonPig
September 25, 2011, 11:52 PM
Likely the most accurate pistol I own...

http://www.fototime.com/FFB1A8CA2E380C9/standard.jpg

X-Rap
September 25, 2011, 11:56 PM
I have almost worn the bluing from my heavy barreled MKI, it is one that I will always keep.

WardenWolf
September 25, 2011, 11:58 PM
My father has one. It's accurate with Mini Mags. I've been refurbishing it lately, though, after it's developed a slew of spring problems (mainspring and recoil spring). It's now got a Mark III mainspring assembly and a Mark III recoil spring. Those are theoretically the same parts as the Mark I's, but I discovered 39 years worth of parts tolerance difference can cause lots of trouble. I had to slightly reduce the thickness of the half-moon piece at the front of the recoil spring to get it to fit in the Mark I's bolt, and I had to punch out the vertical strut from the new mainspring housing and use the one from the old housing due to a mysterious bolt jamming problem that I was unable to identify.

If you enjoyed reading about "OMG! Ruger MK 1!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!