Quick charge question?

PDA

zignal_zero
September 26, 2011, 03:02 AM
hey, hope y'all can gimme a hand here. i've dusted off my equipment, after a long break and need some advice.

i'm loading 9mm. i'm using a 125gr lead truncated cone. i have to use either Unique or Bullseye. i've used both of these powders, before, but it's been a long time and it was for .45 so...... what's a good charge, using one of those two powders, for the the 125gr lead bullet? they're for punchin paper, so while i would like to know min and max, i'm more interested in starting at the low end and workin my way up only if i need to for cycling or accuracy.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick charge question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clark
September 26, 2011, 12:48 PM
Bullseye 4.4 gr max
Unique 5.8 gr max
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?gtypeid=1&weight=124&shellid=23&bulletid=26

You can tune your ammo to the recoil spring.
Or you can tune your recoil spring to the ammo.

If you want wimpy handloads, put in a wimpy spring and then tune the ammo to make the cases land on the ground 5' from you.

This distance assures that the ammo is not too hot [the slide is slamming into the frame].
This distance assures that the ammo is hot enough [ the extraction and ejection are adequate for operation and avoiding stove pipe jams]

loadedround
September 27, 2011, 10:29 AM
I would also suggest you go to Hodgdons reloading site at www.hodgdon.com for suggested loading information. You really need to buy and read a good reloading manual like the Lyman or Speer.

zignal_zero
September 27, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you :-)

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick charge question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!