Daewoo??

PDA

Med 10
January 27, 2003, 11:36 PM
I'm interested in getting a Daewoo rifle. I cant seem to find any info on them. I have plenty of 223 and AR mags around, but I dont want another AR.

Anybody know the link to their website? any comments on the Daewoo's?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Daewoo??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
January 28, 2003, 12:09 AM
Try finding one pal!

Only about 2000 were ever imported before the ban. Aside from rarity of rifle, is unobtainability of replacement parts. If you are comfortable with this, it's a great rifle to own! They used to pop up for sale on TFL for ~$550-650.

Current issue by ROK forces. Designed to replace M16 by people prepared for all-out civil war. Based on the Galil/AK gas system, it is looser than standard AR rifles, but more reliable -I've fired total junk reloads without any hitches. Same ammo got so jammed into chamber on one AR that it took hard pounding with mallet/dowel to pop the shell. Never been known to fail in the field in Korea harsh environment.

I own one, it's a fun shooter as well as accurate. It's actually more fun to shoot than an AR15/M16. I take it to an occassional IDPA shoot. Never shot farther than 200yards, but I hit 3' poppers at this range shooting standing, prone, squatting, etc.
Here's mine:

Engineer
January 28, 2003, 12:34 AM
Just make sure you can live with the fact that you may have a very expensive wall hanger if something brakes. One of the guys I shoot with has a DR-300 in 7.62x39 and right now it's non-functional with a broken bolt. Granted a bolt with enough meat taken out of it for 7.62x39 is going to be more prone to breakage than on for .223, but it can still happen...

MiniZ
January 28, 2003, 12:46 AM
Not much else to add to the previous posts. A great rifle, but spare parts are rare to non-existant.

Ian
January 28, 2003, 09:43 AM
Mine went through an entire 1000-round case of Wolf ammo whithout being cleaned, and never hiccuped. I love it!

As for spare parts, my plan is to buy a postban one - it's cheaper than buying up the individual parts.

Schuey2002
January 29, 2003, 04:40 PM
Check this website as they get them in from time to time..

www.fjvollmer.com

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Daewoo??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!