Has anyone ever ordered a custom barrel length on a revolver.

PDA

MUSICALGUNNUT45
September 27, 2011, 05:37 PM
There are a couple of guns I like but would like to have in a different barrel length ( one slightly longer and one shorter) does anyone have any experience with ordering custom barrel lengths.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone ever ordered a custom barrel length on a revolver." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Red Cent
September 27, 2011, 06:44 PM

Red Cent
September 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
The pistol pac is not mine. I have a 15-2 VH witha 4" and a 8". I recently ordered this barrel.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/redcent69/Handguns/DanWesson010.jpg

David Sinko
September 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
I have a S&W 625-4 with a 2" barrel installed. These 2" barrels were sold to Numrich after S&W had problems with the alloy frames in the original configuration. A competent local gunsmith installed the barrel, as there was a bit of work involved in fitting it to the long cylinder and then building up the front sight to shoot to point of aim with the adjustable rear. Overall it's a great shooter and worth the effort.

Dave Sinko

.22M.R.F.
September 28, 2011, 07:35 PM
Back in the day I found and purchased a S&W Highway Patrolman with a 6" barrel, had been nickel plated, not factory but I had it re-blued and the barrel cut to 5". White outline rear and McGivern gold bead front, Target hammer & trigger for use as a police competition revolver. Was done in the 1960's and I still have it and very proud of it. Does this QUALIFY?

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone ever ordered a custom barrel length on a revolver." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!