Finally shot my new SP 101

PDA

788Ham
September 27, 2011, 10:58 PM
I got this revolver about 2 months ago, things just haven't allowed me to until today, I know "Where've you been?" Target set @ 25 yds, first rounds were on the paper about 7 O'clock, 3" from the bull, just has the groove for rear sight. I shot about 50 rounds, not bad, but not Olympic qualifying either. The action is a little stiff, not bad in SA, didn't try DA, just needing some time to get smoothed out. The 3.06" barrel isn't too light, I wondered about that, even shooting 158 gr. .357's it wasn't bad at all. I'm going to have to do something with the front sight, in the shade where the benches are, too much subdued light, can't hardly see front sight, don't know if I want to put one of those bright neon sights on or not. I am very pleased with this piece, shoots very well, am going to get some reloading done and then see what shakes out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally shot my new SP 101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
psyshack
September 27, 2011, 11:03 PM
Enjoy it! My wifes 60 Pro eat's up mag rounds and begs for more.

WNC Seabee
September 28, 2011, 12:21 AM
Might I suggest a Wolff spring kit? It will GREATLY improve that trigger in both SA and DA. Very easy to install as well.

My 3" SP has the 9# spring installed (vs factory 14#) ad is perfectly reliable.

Peakbagger46
September 28, 2011, 12:49 AM
Sinful Passion nail polish for the front sight. Very bright orange.

Dr_B
September 28, 2011, 01:03 AM
Looks like you have exactly the same model and size I have. It's tough and such a good shooter I can't get rid of it. They're good guns. The Don Hume and also Bianchi Pistol Pocket holsters work well with my SP101.

skidder
September 28, 2011, 01:17 AM
Nice choice, a great all around gun.

bestseller92
September 28, 2011, 02:03 AM
I always just use typewriter white out on my front sights. It's effective and easily removed. The SP101 is a superb revolver.

harmon rabb
September 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
Congrats. Nice little gun, I have the same as yours. It's the smallest 357mag out there that's actually a 357mag.

788Ham
September 28, 2011, 12:04 PM
Seabee and Peakbagger,

Thanks for your suggestions. Concerning the Wolff springs, I believe I'll make that my next investment, course just having the first rounds through it yesterday, wasn't sure how it would perform.

Sinful Passion? Sounds like a book I remember reading 40 years ago. LOL Will look for this polish, my bad eye's might rejoice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally shot my new SP 101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!