auto comp / rcbs little dandy?

PDA

x_wrench
September 30, 2011, 06:02 PM
i bought a bottle of Winchester auto comp today and noticed that there is no charge listing in the little dandy table. is this a re-named powder, or is there something else that is the same that i can use? if there is nothing, i will have to measure all of them and write down each one. it is a lot easier to ask knowledgeable people! thanx!

If you enjoyed reading about "auto comp / rcbs little dandy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 30, 2011, 06:13 PM
Not a renamed powder as far as I know.
Personally, I wouldn't trust a charge table as far as I could bowl it anyway.

I'd weigh it, even if Obama told me it was right.
No wait, that's a terrible example! :what:

Anyway:
I'd suggest you just get out your scales, put any rotor in, and weigh some charges of Auto Comp.

Then see if anything on the chart closely matches it.

From there, it would be pretty quick to try other rotors and see if they match too.

Or, I imagine a call to RCBS would result in an Auto Comp chart in the mail ASAP.

rc

cfullgraf
September 30, 2011, 07:35 PM
Right.

I used a Little Dandy for years and still do on occasions. I always weigh the charges and usually am a rotor or two off from what the charts say.

Of course, I bought almost all the rotors when they were cheap. It can get expensive these days.

As rcmodel said, a call to RCBS should help.

If you enjoyed reading about "auto comp / rcbs little dandy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!