Butt cuff style ammo carrier with raised comb?

PDA

DJJ
January 28, 2003, 12:25 AM
My scope's too high (evidently Talley has its own definition of "low" rings). Is there such a thing as a stock-mounted ammo carrier that also has a thick area at the top to make the comb higher? Or will I just have to slip a piece of mouse pad under a conventional butt cuff?

No reason for these, other than I like them.

:uhoh:

:cuss:

:evil:

:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Butt cuff style ammo carrier with raised comb?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
prism
January 28, 2003, 11:04 AM
check out the eagle "stock pack"
http://www.eagleindustries.com/images/ProdImages/m_350000-FRONT.jpg

http://www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?SubCatID=2

It has a foam pad on the "cheek side". If you want more height,
I suppose you could put something under it to raise it up
a bit, (like a pair of gloves).

HTH

D.W. Drang
January 28, 2003, 02:09 PM
I made one myself, once. Took the regular el-cheapo elastic butt cuff and cut up an old ensolite foam mattress I wasn't using anymore. It took several tries to cut pieces the right size, but like I said, I wan't using the pad anymore, just having discovered camptrail self-inflating mattrsses...

DJJ
January 29, 2003, 11:19 AM
That's what it looks like I'll have to do. No reason it shouldn't work.

D.W. Drang
January 29, 2003, 12:18 PM
It worked pretty well, actually, aside from the fact that the scope turned out to be such a low mount that I didn't need it. :rolleyes: One reason it worked was that ensolite is pretty thin--quarter inch or so--so I had a lot of leeway in how high I could build up the home-made comb. Since it's also a closed cell foam (i.e. not "squishy") it was also very consistent.

VaughnT
February 9, 2003, 04:24 PM
Blackhawk offers what you're looking for. I believe the pad is adjustable for height by shimming. Even if not, there are shim kits available from Brownells or Walmart/hunting stores as this is a common requirement for shooters. Of course, you might not need to shim the pad if the pad is thick enough, which it looks to be. Has a tire-tread look to it that's sure to leave an interesting print on the side of your face:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Butt cuff style ammo carrier with raised comb?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!