.222 brass under spec.

PDA

wj kerr
October 2, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hi Went to load some prvi partizan brass today neck sized it and they all are under spec ranging from 1.682 to 1.687 all were once fired factory brass . Am i correct in thinking these will be ok to use without any safety concerns. Regards wj.

If you enjoyed reading about ".222 brass under spec." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
T Bran
October 2, 2011, 01:09 PM
This happens to me with the majority of my once fired .223 brass. I actually prefer it since trimming isnt the part of reloading that im fond of. When you load the first check that you have adequate neck tension if you do you are good to go. I havent had any that didnt work out yet. Load them and enjoy they will probably remain a little short till you finally have to full legnth size them.
Be safe
T

mkl
October 2, 2011, 02:31 PM
Were they "once fired" in your rifle? If not, be sure an empty case will chamber before you reload them. Full length resizing is usually recommended for first time loading of brass fired in a chamber other than the one in which it was last fired.

wj kerr
October 3, 2011, 04:28 AM
Yeah they were fired in my rifle . Many thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about ".222 brass under spec." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!