Penn 200 lswc

PDA

broham
October 4, 2011, 11:49 PM
I've purchased a couple boxes of these in target grade and cowboy grade for use in my Dan Wesson PM7. Just curious as to what you guy's are using with these. I have WST, HP-38, Bullseye, Unique, clays, uni clays. Thanks for any direction guy's

If you enjoyed reading about "Penn 200 lswc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Super.45
October 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
4.6 -4.8 of WST at 1.25 witha .469 taper crimp is the range I found that works very well with these. I gone through over 4000 of them and they have been the best accuracy of any .45 bullet I have used.

orionengnr
October 5, 2011, 10:42 PM
I went through a couple boxes of 200 gr SWC Penn bullets. I was just getting started handloading at the time (about 3 years ago) so I didn't have anything to compare them to.

I loaded them with ~5 gr of W231, and was happy with both the bullet and the powder. During The Great Ammo/Component Shortage of 2008/2009, I learned to buy components wherever and whenever I could, and buy in quantity whenever possible.

As such, these days I am using Green Dot for .45acp (and a few others as well) but that is because I lucked into a fair quantity of it (maybe enough to last me the rest of my life, depending on how much I shoot and how long I live) :)

Absent that, I would still be using W231.

Same thing with Penn Bullets. Nice guy to deal with, good product (albeit in my experience not so fast to ship, although that may just have been a fluke). But I have tried others and am equally satisfied with those.

At my level of skill I cannot see any difference in any of the cast bullets available, so I buy whatever is available and use them up...then buy some more.

J2FLAN
October 5, 2011, 11:12 PM
Good as cast bullets get. I shot several thousand over the years, good accuracy little or no leading out of any of my 5" 1911s. 4grs of BE. I would use them on a regular basis but found a less expensive 200gr lswc, not as pretty as PENN but shoots as well.

gregj
October 6, 2011, 03:13 PM
Almost identical to Super.45, 4.8gr WST, 1.245" and crimp of .470. Shoots nicely out of my 5" Kimbers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Penn 200 lswc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!