Lee Manufacturing

PDA

HEAVY METAL 1
October 7, 2011, 11:18 PM
I recall somewhere reading, I think it was in Lee literature that they make dies for some other brand of die besides "Lee". Does anyone know who that may be?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Manufacturing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RustyFN
October 7, 2011, 11:21 PM
I have never heard that but did see a TV show where they toured the RCBS plant. They said on that show that RCBS made dies for another company but wouldn't say who.

bds
October 7, 2011, 11:38 PM
Inquiring minds want to know ...

This could get interesting ... :D

cfullgraf
October 8, 2011, 12:08 AM
I would not be surprised if both Lee and RCBS do not make their own dies. I would not be surprised if they are made by the same sub contractor.

But, I would not be surprised if I was totally wrong.

FROGO207
October 8, 2011, 07:37 AM
WOW This would be a good time to start a false interweb rumor now wouldn't it.:evil: Naw I just cant do that.:D I am willing to bet that someone does make a die or two for some company other than themselves. Why waste your equipment by letting it sit idle when it could be working and give a faster payback on your investment. I would do it if I owned one of these companies.:cool:

MMCSRET
October 8, 2011, 08:42 AM
Standing order, to be observed by all concerned personnel: If you don't hear a rumor by 0900 hours, it is your assignment to start one!!!!!!!!!
Carry on, Lad!!

Vette
October 9, 2011, 03:26 PM
Lee make a sizing die .001 undersize for a company called evolution gun works. Price is 29.00

HEAVY METAL 1
October 9, 2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks; that validates my suspicion.

cfullgraf
October 9, 2011, 09:28 PM
Learn something every day. EGW undersize dies are made by Lee. Even says so on the EGW web site.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Manufacturing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!