Mosin nagant rearsenal stamps

PDA

Gunnerboy
October 8, 2011, 10:16 AM
I put this thread elsewhere and got nowhere so ill try here, i got a m44 izzy that has a 2 in a diamond stamped over the arrow in the triangle on most of those. So i was wondering what country used the 2 in a diamond as a rearsenal mark? and yes i have checked out all the mosin nagant websites and thier is no info on that stamp.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin nagant rearsenal stamps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
32 Magnum
October 10, 2011, 12:05 PM
IIRC - the '2' indicates Poland.

Cosmoline
October 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
11 is Poland, 2 is Hungary

http://mosinnagant.net/global%20mosin%20nagants/Hungarian-Mosin-Nagant.asp

I'm not sure if the diamond 2 is Hungary, but without a pic it does sound like a country code. It may be Hungary's stamp to indicate a Hungarian rearsenal? I'd suggest posting on the Collector's forum on gunboards as the uber experts reside there. But you'll need a good pic.

Gunnerboy
October 10, 2011, 08:06 PM
Thats what im unsure of the 2 is hungary but the diamond ? this rifle definately was not russian rearsenalled one part wasnt force matched but still has reasenal stamps of 2 in a diamond

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin nagant rearsenal stamps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!