.460 Rowland loading data

PDA

toritedo2003
October 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
I have a full size Para Ordnance P-14- .45, bought a few years back. Steel frame, etc. I have done much shooting with the .45 SUper, and was impressed with the good handling and accuracy. Recently I decided to experiment, by adding a cone compensatorn. I bought some .460 Rowland brass, had the barrel reamed to accept the longer case, and started up some loads. I was usnig AA#5, found that 16 grains worked well, sending the 185 JHP out at 1440fps. I finaly stopped at around 18 grains and 1600fps. A bit of primer cratering, but otherwise no brass stretching, bulging, or set-back bullets. The recoil is very mild to me. I noticed right off though that it is REALLY LOUD. Accuracy was superb, ejected brass was only a few feet away, all grouped together. I have been told that AA#7 might work better, and provide lower pressures than AA#5.
Hope this helps anyone who needs reload data for the cartridge. I am also using a 22# spring. The comp is two port, with cone style lock-up. The PO gun is very strong and reliable.

If you enjoyed reading about ".460 Rowland loading data" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
October 10, 2011, 06:58 PM
Since you are brand new to THR.
And since this is all untested data.

You might want to review THR Forum rules Sticky on posting any potentially unsafe data at the top of this forum.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=27444

rc

If you enjoyed reading about ".460 Rowland loading data" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!