.223 brass question

PDA

Lovesbeer99
October 10, 2011, 10:43 PM
OK, other than Lapua and Hornady as the best brass how would you rate brass? I have some R-P, Lake City, Federal, Winchester, PMC, WCC.

I've been using LC mostly but I also have some winchester and I've noticed that as long as I keep the brass seperated I can't tell the difference with accuracy, case life, or neck seperation.

Any thoughts or input?

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 brass question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
243winxb
October 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
Prep brass fully. Seperate by .1 gr weight. Works well with Rem., Win. Throw in neck turning if you want.

Canuck-IL
October 11, 2011, 01:45 AM
Small headstamp Fed is OK ... the mostly older, large stamp stuff loses primer pocket tension in 2-3 loadings.

I've had at least 2 batches of once fired with PMC mixed in - managed to break 3 Lee "indestructible" universal decapper pins on the off-center primers. Other batches have been ok.

Other than that and the need to decrimp some LC and WCC, it's all good. With sane loadings and minimal resizing, it all lasts about the same.

I wouldn't put Lapua and Hornady in the same breath however :-)
/Bryan

Walkalong
October 11, 2011, 10:47 AM
Me either.

MtnCreek
October 11, 2011, 11:03 AM
All of my .223 shooting is with AR carbines with 16" or less barrel length and open sights or x1 optics, so I can't tell a difference either.:)

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 brass question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!