10mm wildcats, what's out there?

PDA

Caliper_RWVA
October 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
I've recently developed an interest in bottle necked pistol cartridges. Since I also have a fascination with the 10mm pistol, I've been finding a number of cartridges based off 10mm. From 9x25, 357 SIG (grandchild cartridge?), .244 BOZ and 17-357 RG. I've been wondering if there are any other wildcats out there in the middle? Has anyone done a 10mm necked down to .32 or .243/6mm?

The basic idea would be to launch light bullets (like 55gr) at over 2000fps out of a 4-5" barrel but still be able to accommodate heavier bullets for two legged problems while keeping the recoil and blast somewhat moderate. Oh, and explode milk jugs really well. :D I have a hard time thinking this is a totally new idea, but I can't find the name such a beast might go by.

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm wildcats, what's out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Strykervet
November 28, 2011, 11:11 PM
I too am interested in this, was searching for it and came upon this online so I thought I'd revive it. A 6mm or 6.5mm in a 10mm brass would be slick, an ultimate PDW round for sure if it worked. This not been tried?

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm wildcats, what's out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!