WOW I have some good friends!!

PDA

FROGO207
October 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Just got back from visiting a friend. He is always going to auctions and buying stuff to resell or whatever. He has contacted me after winning some reloading stuff to give me first refusal a lot in the past. So yesterday he calls and says he won a "press thingy" and would I like to see it and possibly purchase it. Went over about half hour ago and looked. He had won a RCBS turret press that looked like never been used still in the box. Said he would sell it to me for $30 if I wanted it.:what: Now I'm the happy owner of another new press.:) Then he says I got another one a week ago and goes and gets a MEC 600 JR set up for 16 GA with an adjustable charge bar that looks like it may have loaded 25 rounds if that and says I want $25 for this one. Do you want it also?? I now own two new presses.:D Guess I have to build another bench:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "WOW I have some good friends!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Josh45
October 11, 2011, 10:28 PM
I think I need friends like that.....

Oh yeah and Congrats! :D

Caliper_RWVA
October 11, 2011, 10:51 PM
You aren't kidding!

FROGO207
October 12, 2011, 07:30 AM
I have known him for 30 years and we have helped each other some but he always looks for those things if I have talked about needing something. He is not a reloader but has good instincts about value and often finds a great deal. He is always looking for vintage brass/ammo for me and you would be amazed what he has found at little local auctions.:D His comment with things is, quality shows when looking at a tool. I make small batches of wine and he finds an occasional glass water bottle in the size that I like to use also.

sixgunner455
October 12, 2011, 12:06 PM
I expect he probably occasionally finds a filled bottle returned to him as well! It's good to have friends.

sellersm
October 12, 2011, 12:11 PM
Nice. Congrats not just on the 'finds', but on the long-lasting friendship! Not a lot of that going on anymore...

ArchAngelCD
October 13, 2011, 04:39 AM
Now that's a great deal if I ever heard one!

Good for you!

GP100man
October 13, 2011, 07:09 AM
Real friends are priceless !!!!

MrWesson
October 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
Great friend you have there!

PS I hate you :D

GCBurner
October 13, 2011, 02:53 PM
I'd like to find the auctions he goes to. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "WOW I have some good friends!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!