Will any M1 carbine stock do?

PDA

Fatelvis
January 28, 2004, 03:51 PM
I just picked up a GI carbine for $300 from a friend, but it has the cheezy Ramline stock on it. I know nothing about these, and was wondering if I can just slap any GI stock on it to make it military again, or do I have to get a "potbelly", "highwall", "lowall"? etc? How do I know what stock to use, if this is the case? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Will any M1 carbine stock do?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
standingbear
January 28, 2004, 09:21 PM
a genuine gi carbine and some commercial made versions should accept any mil spec stock made for a carbine.universal made carbines do not accept standard stocks.

NevadaPistolero
January 28, 2004, 09:27 PM
As long as everything is still GI on the gun any GI stock set should work...give it a try.

Jim K
January 28, 2004, 10:32 PM
I can hear the purists screaming, but yes, any GI carbine stock will fit and work.

Jim

4v50 Gary
January 28, 2004, 10:38 PM
Remember that GI guns were subject to GI arsenal rebuilds and the GI armorers weren't exactly purists. They had a job to do and they got the guns back out ASAP.

If you enjoyed reading about "Will any M1 carbine stock do?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!