Sell me on a Romak-3 kit

PDA

Cosmoline
January 28, 2004, 05:35 PM
I've seen the ads for Romak 3 kits for $350 or so, and I"m very interested in getting one without a scope. I love the 7.62x54R, love the AK-style action, and love the feel and balance of the rifle. So it would seem to be the perfect semi for me.

My question is, has anyone had problems with the Romak 3 or these kits in particular? Is there a better option that I may not have considered?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sell me on a Romak-3 kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nightcrawler
January 28, 2004, 06:00 PM
A thread over at AK-47.net described someone having a kit wherein the scope mounting bracket was not to spec. Standard scope mounts wouldn't fit.

Lots of info can be had over at Dragunov.net, too.

telewinz
January 28, 2004, 08:29 PM
Own and like the Romak3 but like an AR15 kit, no warranty except for parts. MY gunsmithing skills carry no warranty. I'll take the factory gaurantee and let them assemble the parts.

Daedalus
January 28, 2004, 09:37 PM
Do you have experience building AKs or access to a good friend wth a well stocked machine shop? If so, then yes it is a good buy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sell me on a Romak-3 kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!