Berger VLDs seating?

PDA

mnhntr
October 12, 2011, 11:33 PM
I bought some 140gr VLDs for the new .260 and seated them against the lands for all my trial loads as that was recommended on Bergers website. Does anyone find they are better off the lands?

If you enjoyed reading about "Berger VLDs seating?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gamestalker
October 13, 2011, 02:22 AM
Absolutely! I've been seating all my bolt action loads right up to the lands for many years. With slow burning powder, I find seating like this has increased consistency with accuracy and velocity to an amazing degree.

243winxb
October 13, 2011, 09:35 AM
Berger put out a news letter on COL for VLD's a while back. I posted it on this forum. Jump is OK. But test both ways. None of my VLD loads in 243win are into the lands.

redbullitt
October 14, 2011, 03:28 PM
Mine all liked being close to the lands FWIW. I dont jam them at all, but they are not kissing the rifling either. Good results at about .01x off lands in 3 different rifles.

SMKs seem to like a bit of hop, but not the vld ones in anything I have had them in.

DO try both ways though, every gun is different.

If you enjoyed reading about "Berger VLDs seating?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!