Dressing Up The 325NG

PDA

pendennis
October 13, 2011, 12:31 PM
I've had this 325NG in the daily rotation for a couple of years. I didn't like the original stocks or the replacement Hogue's, so I bought a set of Ahrends combat stocks. They're quite a bit more comfortable, and they definitely add a bit to the revolver. Enjoy!

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu331/pendennis1947/AhrendsOn325NGRT.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Dressing Up The 325NG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
motorcycle-charlie
October 13, 2011, 12:48 PM
nice lookin NG. i like the look and idea of them. how does it shoot for you?

pendennis
October 13, 2011, 04:38 PM
It's a great shooter. The recoil is really not bad.

However, one of the loads I have for it, is a 250gr SWC with WW231 powder. It's a bit snappier than the standard 230gr hardball. I also carry some 200gr STHP's by Winchester. They're really nice.

MagnumDweeb
October 13, 2011, 11:08 PM
The 325 Nightguard is the gun I'm hunting for one day. After I get a Rock Island 1911 .45. It got a great review on gunblast and a few other sites by folks with their chronos. One day I'll contact Smith and Wesson and ask them about a steady diet of +P.

I can't wait to have one. Now I'll consider those grips, they look good.

mdauben
October 13, 2011, 11:31 PM
Those grips are definitely an aesthetic improvement over the stock grips. Very nice looking.

PuddleMonkey
October 3, 2012, 04:25 AM
I like those grips, I just got a Nightguard today and will have to look at grip options. I think first and foremost I need to get new grips on my GP100's, they have quite possibly the ugliest grips ever made.

http://i48.tinypic.com/6zug3q.jpg

pendennis
October 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm with you. I know that the Rugers aren't as classic looking as the S&W's and Colts, but their stocks are butt ugly.

Jaymo
October 3, 2012, 06:57 PM
Nope. The GP100 grips may not be pretty, but they're great grips. Very comfortable.
You do need to lose those checkered black cheesegrater grips on that Blackhawk.
After 50 rounds of PMC 180 gr HPs my hands felt like they'd been assaulted by a wood rasp. (New Model Blackhawk Flattop .44 Special)
A pair of grips from CLC Custom Grips or Private's Custom grips are much better. They're thicker, where they need to be thicker, and smooth.

PuddleMonkey
October 4, 2012, 01:42 AM
Nope. The GP100 grips may not be pretty, but they're great grips. Very comfortable.
You do need to lose those checkered black cheesegrater grips on that Blackhawk.
After 50 rounds of PMC 180 gr HPs my hands felt like they'd been assaulted by a wood rasp. (New Model Blackhawk Flattop .44 Special)
A pair of grips from CLC Custom Grips or Private's Custom grips are much better. They're thicker, where they need to be thicker, and smooth.

I'll check it out, I tried finding new grips for it a couple months back but came up with nothing. Lots of grips for the Blackhawk, not so much for the Hunter.

PuddleMonkey
October 8, 2012, 12:18 AM
Question... I shot my 325 for the first time today, LOVED IT! Is there an issue I may encounter not using moon clips in it? I didn't seem to have any problems shooting it without the clips and a couple taps on the cylinder and the brass comes right out. Moon clips seem to be virtually useless unless using it for carry.

pendennis
October 8, 2012, 12:55 AM
Some .45ACP empties may not fall out. You'd need a pencil, or like object to punch them out from the front of the cylinder.

Buy a mooner/demooner tool, like they have at Dillon, and you'll love moon clips. I load up a bunch before I go shooting, then demoon the empties when I get home. As the old saw states, "better than buttered bread".

If you enjoyed reading about "Dressing Up The 325NG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!