Help me identify this bullet

PDA

longdayjake
October 14, 2011, 11:18 AM
So, I got a lot of these to sell but I am unsure as to what they are. These were pulled from Federal Ammunition and were sold to me as Fusions, but I have sold TONS of fusions before and all of them have a boat tail design. So, are these just a new design for fusion bullets or are they something else? Testing them it appears as though they are indeed a bonded bullet like the fusions. Anybody seen these before?

These are .308 and I have 150 grain and 165 grain ones.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee232/longdayjake/101.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me identify this bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
October 14, 2011, 03:42 PM
I tend to try a LOT of different bullets out and these are nothing like any bullets I have ever seen. I too am interested to find out what they are. Any one got a newer Fusion that they could pull and see if the bullet matches??

Owen
October 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
that rebated base with the dome makes me think lapua lockbase, but the ones ive seen have a much longer boat tail...

bfoosh006
October 14, 2011, 10:48 PM
Maybe they are the "DeepCurl" bullet, what caliber are they ?

rfwobbly
October 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
A caliber and weight might help.

longdayjake
October 15, 2011, 11:13 AM
They are .308 and there are 150 grain ones as well as 165 grain ones.

Super.45
October 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
Any idea on pricing yet? I would take some in 165s.

longdayjake
October 16, 2011, 07:30 PM
they would be the same price as the 180 grain fusions on my website.

bds
October 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
Well, I guess there's only one way to find out.

All of us just have to buy some and try them out ... :D

Jake, I know your quantities go down to 250, but have you considered offering an assortment of 500 mixed bullet sample pack (like 100 of five different bullets)?

Dirtdgger
October 16, 2011, 08:36 PM
I'll try some in 165gr.

Pm sent.

longdayjake
October 16, 2011, 09:13 PM
Jake, I know your quantities go down to 250, but have you considered offering an assortment of 500 mixed bullet sample pack (like 100 of five different bullets)?

I can do that, it would just be a matter of figuring out a price because some stuff I don't make very much money on while other things i make much more.

Dirt Digger,
I did not get a PM so maybe try an email?

ljnowell
October 16, 2011, 10:18 PM
Those are cool Jake! I should add to anyone reading this thread that Jake is Grade A+ to do business with. The only guy I would buy jacketed bullets from, he is a vendor and a contributing member. <Advertisement off>

Anyway, those are some cool looking bullets.

longdayjake
October 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
Just fyi. I have put these up on the website for purchase. I compared them to fusions and it appears as though everything is identical to the fusions except for the base. Since they were sold to me as fusions I guess they are just a new profile of fusion. If anyone finds out differently please let me know, but until then I am going to go with what the supplier has said.

I am going to try to cut one in half today to see what they look like on the inside.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me identify this bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!