Metering with Ramshot powder?

PDA

ErikO
October 14, 2011, 12:51 PM
Has anyone had any issue with Zip or True Blue metering well? Since they are double-base spherical in theory they should be fine. I just wanted to get input before I place my order for smokeless.

If you enjoyed reading about "Metering with Ramshot powder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HK SD9 Tactical
October 14, 2011, 01:02 PM
I use both and they meter extremely well in both my RCBS Chargemaster and LnL Progressive powder drop.

redbullitt
October 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
Tac meters very well for me. I think it should be the same shape or very similar.

ErikO
October 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cool. I managed to find other threads where Ramshot powders were reported as being good metering choices. If worst had come to worst, I'd just use W231 for my pistols. :)

Walkalong
October 14, 2011, 03:54 PM
Zip is a flattened ball ball pretty much identical in shape and size to W-231.

True Blue is a very fine ball powder (not flattened) that meters like fine sand. Like AA#2, but even finer.

CZ57
October 14, 2011, 10:02 PM
Walkalong has it pegged. Both are excellent powders and True Blue does meter like fine sand. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Metering with Ramshot powder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!