Can a Garand NM front sight & rear aperture be installed in the standard bases?

PDA

DMK
January 28, 2004, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting a NM front sight and the smaller 0.52 NM rear aperture for my M1 since it's only used for target shooting anyway. Can I install this in my existing sight base or do I need additional parts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can a Garand NM front sight & rear aperture be installed in the standard bases?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
January 28, 2004, 11:31 PM
If all you want is the smaller aperture and narrow front sight blade, then you only need to install those parts.

If you want NM 1/2 minute windage adjustment, you need to replace the windage knob and rear sight base as well. To get 1/2 minute elevation adjustment, you need the special NM hooded aperture that turns 180 degrees.

Jim

DMK
January 28, 2004, 11:53 PM
Yes, all I want is the smaller arpeture and narrower blade. The adjustment is no big deal for me.

Thanks Jim, that saves me a bunch of money!

If you enjoyed reading about "Can a Garand NM front sight & rear aperture be installed in the standard bases?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!