The ATF cashed my check!

PDA

Justin
October 18, 2011, 05:13 PM
Checked my bank account this morning to discover that the ATF has cashed my $200 tax check!

Does this give any indication about how soon I can expect to receive my approval?

If you enjoyed reading about "The ATF cashed my check!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
October 18, 2011, 05:30 PM
Does this give any indication about how soon I can expect to receive my approval?
Funny guy! :D

Dr.Rob
October 18, 2011, 06:04 PM
Congrats!

Justin
October 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
Funny guy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabcM9SOF-E

Taurus44
October 18, 2011, 06:20 PM
Heh. Yeah. Expect the stamp in anywhere from now until next Christmas (not THIS Christmas, NEXT Christmas).

They cashed my last check about a month ago. :banghead:

737Driver
October 18, 2011, 06:23 PM
Should be 3-5 months from check cashed to receiving your stamp.

rjrivero
October 18, 2011, 06:44 PM
Considering the change in NFA examiner assignments, you can expect the stamp in about 5 months from the time it goes "Pending." It will go "Pending" 2-3 weeks AFTER your check clears.

Enjoy the wait.......Like the rest of us.

PS. What item are you waiting on? Just for curiosity sake. Not that it matters at all in the wait time.

Mike1234567
October 18, 2011, 07:04 PM
uhh... yeah

:D

Justin
October 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
I'm waiting on a Tactical Solutions Cascade. (http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/cascade-2)

It's my first NFA item.

rjrivero
October 18, 2011, 07:06 PM
Ahhhh. I've heard good things about the cascade. Good way to pop that NFA Cherry.....enjoy it. (Eventually.)

gripper
October 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
Gotta question....they billed my Discover Card for my C&R application on September30....anyone know the turnaround time on THAT?

BK
October 18, 2011, 08:58 PM
My first suppressor paperwork went pending June 13th and was approved Sept 22nd of this year. I now have my first NFA item too!

BeerSleeper
October 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
Gripper: I got my C&R last year, and it was just over two months from the credit card processing until I had a license in the mail.

Justin
October 19, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ahhhh. I've heard good things about the cascade. Good way to pop that NFA Cherry.....enjoy it. (Eventually.)

I'm looking forward to it. I've got one of the TACSOL .22 AR uppers that's already threaded for it, and a Ruger 22/45 that I intend to convert.

I've also given some thought to threading the barrel of my .17 HM2 rifle for the can as well.

rjrivero
October 19, 2011, 12:38 AM
I have a TacSol .22 Upper.....err, well, my DAUGHTER has one. I'm sure you've seen pictures of her AR .22 PINKER.....

http://www.revolverforums.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=231

CoRoMo
October 19, 2011, 09:46 AM
Okay, serious now. Trying to count up the days for the suppressor I bought earlier this year, between the time my check was cashed and the paperwork approved, 126 days.

Here's a video for the TS Cascade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ixUCb8-60
Shooting point blank into a 2x4, indoors?

rjrivero
October 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Okay, serious now. Trying to count up the days for the suppressor I bought earlier this year, between the time my check was cashed and the paperwork approved, 126 days.
The check cash date means nothing, in the scheme of things. The check will be cashed, then the Form 4 goes from Atlanta, GA to the examiner in WV. Then the application goes pending. Then you have a 5 month (at last count) wait from pending to approved.

Get your serial number in hand and call the NFA Branch of the ATF at 304-616-4300. The nice people who answer the phone can look it up for you and tell you the date it went pending. They can also tell you the examiner doing your transfer (which can help you get an idea on how long it "typically" takes for your Form 4 to come back.)

CoRoMo
October 19, 2011, 04:41 PM
The check cash date means nothing...
Sure it does. He now has less than a month (on average) before he can expect his paperwork to go pending. Check cashed - to - pending times are roughly three weeks according to the tracking website. That's exactly my recent experience I'll add (21 days check cashed-2-pending). Just tossing out a bone to the one question asked after all.
...you have a 5 month (at last count) wait from pending to approved.
Never had a 'pending-2-approved' wait as long as 5 months. That's a long time, but I suppose it happens. The purchase date - to - approved time certainly has been 5+ months in my experience, but mainly because of a F3 to dealer wait was included there. Here's a look at the 'pending-2-approved' averages from NFTtracker.com

http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx

Transit Time F4 Individual:
From..........To............Days

Pending......Approved....74

Transit Time F4 Trust:
From..........To............Days

Pending......Approved....68

Examiner Time (Days Pending-> Approved)
ExaminerName.....Days

William Shipman....31 (lowest average)

Christina Farris.....103 (highest average)
The longest 'pending-2-approved' average listed there is a LONG ways inside of 5 months!! Depending on the way he did his paperwork, NfaTracker's averages would put his approval date between 88 - 97 days out from yesterday. That is right in the January 14 - 23, 2012; which is what... right at 3 months from now?

Hope he beats the averages though, it's always a long wait no matter how short!!

If you enjoyed reading about "The ATF cashed my check!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!