Dillon 550 guys with case feeders question?

PDA

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm trying to figure out what you get with each of these items:

1. Case feeder, large pistol

2. Case feeder, small pistol

3. Caliber conversion for 550 casefeeder

If anyone can do this, would they please post a picture of what you get in each instance? I'm especially interested in seeing pictures of these off of the press, just like they come out of the box as it were.

Thank you,

Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon 550 guys with case feeders question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tlen
October 21, 2011, 01:19 AM
"Case feeder" [plate] refers to the collator wheel that grabs the cases and aligns the cases in the upper assembly so they drop into the vertical chute/tube. The small and large plates are based on case size. The "caliber conversion" is specific to a particular cartridge case and consists of the piece of plastic at the bottom of the chute for proper case length and a metal slot made for the case rim that feeds the case to the shell plate.
You can get more info at Brian Enos's web site on what you will need and what to get:
http://www.brianenos.com/store/dillon.550casefeed.html
Should you want a detailed parts list & exploded view of the Casefeeder go to Dillon's site and download the Casefeeder manual. I think the Manual also has the the Dillon part numbers for the caliber conversions and feeder plates. Look up the part number for all you want to reload and compare them. Some of the caliber conversions can be used for different cartridges. Seems to me 10mm and .45 ACP are the same.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 21, 2011, 09:12 PM
76 guys read this and no pictures?

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 21, 2011, 10:10 PM
I don't want to see how it works. I want to see the parts off of the machine.

dbarnhart
October 22, 2011, 10:07 AM
>>76 guys read this and no pictures?<<

That's because 73 of us own other brands and just want to see what the Dillon guys have to say about it. ;-)

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evidently it must be some kinda secret, cause they ain't posting no pictures.

northark147
October 23, 2011, 01:46 PM
It might be that noone that owns a 550 on here sees the need for a case feeder on it. I know for certain that unless an auto bullet feeder is also incorporated somehow, there is no way It would make me faster on my 550 as I place bullet with one hand and new case with other. As far as pictures, go to dillons website. For the breakdown parts diagram of the feeder look in the 650's individual parts section, The top end is the same. Or heck, just email dillon with the same wording from your post, they have excellent customer service, and I am sure would be more than happy to email you the pictures you desire.

RhinoDefense
October 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
Why not go to Dillon's website and see for yourself?

LBEE
October 23, 2011, 03:26 PM
I have the 550B with no Case feeder. Try looking on Dillon web site for Pictures.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 23, 2011, 04:55 PM
If the Dillon website had any pictures worth a darn, I wouldn't of asked here. Already been there, done that. The exploded parts diagrams aren't doing any good either. That's why I asked for pics.

Okay, I'm going to assume no 550 owner actually uses one of these setups, so they must be useless or not worth installing and blow off the idea I had of using one.

Hondo 60
October 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
I spent my allotted fun money on the press.
So I didn't have any left to buy a case feeder, and at $250 + caliber conversions...nope, just can't see doin' it.

RhinoDefense
October 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
Put it this way:

If you want a Dillon press with a casefeeder, get a 650 or 1050. The 550 sucks with a casefeeder.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 24, 2011, 08:56 AM
You guys are brilliant. Never once, not a single time in this post, did I mention any interest in a 550 or a 650 press. I only mentioned interest in seeing some good off the press pictures of a 550 case feeder.

At this point, I'm no longer interested. So don't bother posting. I'd rather the thread die or be closed.

RhinoDefense
October 24, 2011, 11:27 AM
My post #13 is in direct response to your post # 11, second sentence.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 24, 2011, 11:49 AM
And where in that post 11 did I state I was interested in a 550 or 650 press? Nowhere. And again, the OP was about PICTURES of the 550 case feeder, not references to some other site.

tlen
October 24, 2011, 03:29 PM
The 550 sucks with a casefeeder.
How so ? The 550 casefeeder works great for me and decreases reloading time at least 1/3. Granted, a 650 is the way to go if one is just starting out but after 25 years with a 550 I couldn't justify the cost to start over with a 650. The casefeeder was a nice upgrade to my old workhorse.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
October 24, 2011, 04:58 PM
Your post is useless without pics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon 550 guys with case feeders question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!