Short barreled rifle ban

PDA

Jath
October 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
Help get rid of the ban on SBRs

What do you think about then arbitrary ban on short barreled rifles?

Go here to sign the petition
whitehouse.gov petition (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/lead-way-removing-arbitrarily-designated-short-barreled-rifles-and-shotguns-national-firearms-act/Zc2GTB4c)

If you enjoyed reading about "Short barreled rifle ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
medalguy
October 21, 2011, 01:44 AM
What ban? If you want to make one, fill out a Form 1. Otherwise buy it and pay the tax.

ants
October 21, 2011, 02:36 AM
Read the petition.

The petition demands the removal of restrictions.

Check it out. It's clear and straight forward.

tyeo098
October 21, 2011, 09:38 AM
I signed it.
I have an email dedicated to accounts I could care less about (whitehouse account, when will I ever use that?) that I use to sign up for these things.

I was #972

MD_Willington
October 21, 2011, 01:21 PM
Not all States play nice... WA being one, hopefully we will get that fixed soon, then I'll look at SBR'n a Draco.

REDMASTA
October 21, 2011, 01:53 PM
I agree it's a stupid law.

Edit: Signed it...got a long way to go to get 5,000 by October 28th. Have you tried posting this on ar15.com or m4carbine.net for more traffic?

Inebriated
October 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
Signed it as well as the MG and Suppressor petition.
Short-barrel shotguns and rifles (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/lead-way-removing-arbitrarily-designated-short-barreled-rifles-and-shotguns-national-firearms-act/Zc2GTB4c)
Suppressors (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/lead-way-removing-silencers-national-firearms-act/6hm2ByPv)
Automatic's (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#%21/petition/repeal-prohibition-fopa-own-automatic-firearms-produced-after-1986-firearms-owners-protection-act/9cj85Ngr)

Also posted it on an NC/SC forum. I doubt anything would happen, but hey, might as well try. Post it everywhere, and get the big forums involved if they aren't already.

mgkdrgn
October 21, 2011, 08:00 PM
You don't actually think they =look= at these things, do you?

Inebriated
October 21, 2011, 08:03 PM
Nope, but doesnt hurt to try.

Owen Sparks
October 21, 2011, 10:12 PM
You have a right to petition the government.

And the government has a "right" to ignore it.

Konstantin835
October 21, 2011, 10:58 PM
Long way to go but why not try? I signed it.

Jath
October 23, 2011, 02:09 AM
to the moderator:

Thanks for moving the post for me, I didn't notice the activism forum.

To everyone else:

Sign it!

Jath
October 23, 2011, 02:10 AM
And pass it on too. Go forth to other gun forums and encourage the signing of this petition.

Skribs
October 23, 2011, 02:31 AM
Why try to remove SBRs from the NFA, when instead we should try to remove the NFA entirely.

Jath
October 23, 2011, 02:33 AM
Why try to remove SBRs from the NFA, when instead we should try to remove the NFA entirely.

I'm looking for a thumbs up emoticon, but I'll just say +1

Agreed

69Rebel
October 24, 2011, 12:17 AM

Getting SBRs removed from NFA, or at least amending it for shorter than 16" is a whole lot more likely to happen than getting rid of NFA. Baby steps.

Axel Larson
October 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
signed it. If even half of the highroad signed it that would help. I also posted it on my facebook page, finally found a use for it.

HarcyPervin
October 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
signed too.

moharrow
November 19, 2011, 04:40 PM
we eat the apple one bite at a time

W.E.G.
November 19, 2011, 06:28 PM
Linky no worky.

Thanks for your interest in We the People, a new tool on WhiteHouse.gov that allows all Americans to ask the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.

The petition you are trying to access has expired, because it failed to meet the signature threshold.

While you can’t sign this petition, there may be other petitions on We the People on a similar issue that you’d like to add your name to. Or, you can create your own petition.

snake eater 332
November 20, 2011, 07:26 AM
If SBRs are removed from NFA, doesn't that now pave the way for anti-gun states, like CA, MA, NJ, CT, etc, to completely ban those types of rifles? In those states, many are allowed to possess SBRs only because it's Federal law and states can't mess with it. Even in those states, if you only a SBR, it must still comply with that particular state's laws, ie: in CT, we still have a fairly strict AWB and cannot have a collapsible stock, amongst other 'evil features', on a post-ban rifle.

Owen Sparks
November 21, 2011, 12:14 PM
Can anybody tell us WHY SBR's were included in the NFA of '34?

The answer might surprise you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Short barreled rifle ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!