Texas Ranger 38 special family owned

PDA

dgp
October 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
Hello I recently inherited a six shot texas ranger 38 special CTGES. It has an elk or deer on the handles R&C on one side of the barrel. There is this rod that pulls back and then the cylider comes out so you can load it. How can I tell if this pistol is still safe to shoot? What ammunition can I use in it? Under the barrel it looks like there is the word BELGIUM but can't quite make it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

dgp

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Ranger 38 special family owned" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
October 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a cheap revolver made in Belgium in the early part of the 20th century.

The mail order novelty house Johnson & Smith purchased quantities of the .38 caliber TEXAS RANGER during the 1930s and sold them for little of nothing.

I have no idea if yours is safe to shoot now.
But they didn't get any better or stronger over the last 80 years since they were made I betcha!

If it times and locks the cylinder in line with the barrel it is probably as safe to shoot as it ever was.

I would use only standard pressure .38 Special lead bullet loads.
NO +P or +P+ jacketed self defense loads.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Ranger 38 special family owned" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!