Sweet little pistols

PDA

HKGuns
October 23, 2011, 09:29 AM
Picked up a new pistola on Thursday. HK P30 LEM with factory 4.5# trigger job. The ergonomics of this pistol are such that it fits your hand like a glove. The P30's are really, really nice pistols and the 4.5# trigger job is pretty nice.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v26/p379855585-5.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Sweet little pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sigarms228
October 23, 2011, 07:48 PM
Looks great!

I would like to try a P30 with light LEM some day but my LGS does not have any to rent.

IMTHDUKE
October 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
I have to agree with you 110%....best 9mm I have ever fired. Here his brother.....

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/imthduke/GUNS/P30.jpg

HKGuns
October 23, 2011, 09:35 PM
Interesting frame differences between our two brothers. Take a look at them closely, both are BA and they're slightly different.

shadow9
October 24, 2011, 02:12 AM
I love the feel of the P30, and it's an incredible gun. But it totally has the "Veyron" thing going for it - as in it BETTER be everything amazing considering it's price tag...

One complaint - for a $1000 9mm service pistol, you'd think they would have done something about that slide release...it's about the only flaw I can pry out of the P30's. Sure, it's RIGHT THERE when you need it, but no offense guys, I found it was RIGHT THERE when I DIDN'T need it too...

HKGuns
October 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
I don't find anything objectionable with the slide release, in fact, it is likely a key design element in the pistol being so absolutely simple to break down. Literally, three seconds and you have this pistol field stripped and ready for cleaning.

It is that kind of attention to detail that keeps me coming back to HK pistols.

You're exaggerating a bit on the pricing as well. I can find them all day in the $800 ish range and I didn't even give that for this one.

Edited to add: I find it funny how folks beat H&K up on pricing all the time while ignoring Sig pricing which is pretty much in the same boat and for the same reasons. The P229 isn't exactly cheap you know.

hammerklavier
October 24, 2011, 10:26 PM
The kind of finish they use, and the fact they match the color exactly to the frame, makes it look like they have plastic slides.

I also find the grips odd-looking. I think it's the fact that they maintain a fairly straight edge all the way up the front strap, even as it passes the trigger guard.

They are good guns, though, no doubt about that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sweet little pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!