New England road rage......

PDA

The Goose
January 29, 2004, 03:55 PM
Check out this story. I watched this dirt bag on TV with tears streaming down his face as his lawyer explained that he was just loading his gun and it went off by accident. I love the part where the girlfriend had her window open at the same time to throw out a cigarrette. Duh! Man, you gotta love this crap!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2004/01/29/deadly_i_93_chase_called_road_rage/

If you enjoyed reading about "New England road rage......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HunterGatherer
January 29, 2004, 03:58 PM
That wasn't road rage.

That was just God working his magic and thinning the herd.

Yay God!!!! Yay Darwin!!! :p

Mike Irwin
January 29, 2004, 04:04 PM
quote: "he routinely loaded his 40mm Glock semiautomatic pistol"

Holy crap, he's got one of those ultra rare Glock Bofors models!

dinosaur
January 29, 2004, 04:48 PM
The woman (Doyle) was driving the Lincoln and only got charged with the weapons possession? That will change as she was just as culpable as the shooter.:cuss: Forty miles is no coincidence.

MissileCop
January 29, 2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah, and it was JUST an accident that he was racking the slide while the Glock was pointed towards the driver, and it JUST happened to be pointed towards the driver in the other car at the same time??? Yeah, o.k.

It's cold up here. People don't roll their window all the way down to throw out a cigarette this time of year. They open the window just enough to toss the cigarette out, and to keep the heat in. It was more of "Honey, put the window down so I can shoot! If I break the window, it's gonna be a cold ride home!"

The only reason he's crying is he got caught and one, he's in Mass., and two, he's going to be someone's bed buddy!!

Chipperman
January 29, 2004, 05:15 PM
:(

Gee, I guess the Mass AG is right. Glocks are unsafe, and should not be sold in MA because they just go off by themselves.

I hope both of them get locked up for a long time.

BluesBear
January 30, 2004, 04:05 AM
:cuss: scumbags :fire:

RockyNH
January 30, 2004, 06:02 AM
I ride that road all the time!!! (I93) That is the 2nd incident on the same highway in about a week... (The other one lived...)

One of these days, one of these idiots will pick on someone who will be in a position to shoot back!

Pat in NH

Apple a Day
January 30, 2004, 06:14 AM
I want to see Glock sue morons who shoot themselves or other people and claim that the gun "just went off"

Eskimo Jim
January 30, 2004, 07:40 AM
Sounds like none of the people involved were responsible people. I hope the two that shot the other woman see the inside of a prison for a long time.

In this day and age with road rage escalating so quickly, why did it go on for 40 miles or so from NH into MA? If someone is driving like a moron, get the tag number, get away and report it to the police. The most important part is to get away from the bad driver.

It's a shame that someone died over someone not being a courteous driver. Is a taffic lane worth killing or dying over?

-Jim

AllLockedUp(tm)
January 30, 2004, 07:42 AM
The gun was stolen as well.

RockyNH
January 30, 2004, 08:12 AM
Eskimo Jim said....Sounds like none of the people involved were responsible people. I hope the two that shot the other woman see the inside of a prison for a long time.
------------------------------------------

Eskimo Jim, I totally agree with you. I am not sure why it went on for so long other than maybe the lady was unable to get away. I think had it been me, I would have exited the highway in NH as I know every exit well and also what is located there and near by including police.. I would have also been on 911 to police..

Once we hit MA though, I do not know the exits and would likely have stayed on the highway.

Pat (being very "aware" as I drive I93 daily)

If you enjoyed reading about "New England road rage......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!