Anyone make 10mm frangible ammo?

PDA

TexasRifleman
October 24, 2011, 05:57 PM
I need like 200 rounds of frangible for an indoor shooting simulator with steel targets.

Do any of the major companies make this stuff in 10mm? Google isn't giving me much to go on.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone make 10mm frangible ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
October 24, 2011, 10:02 PM
This (http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/10mm-frangable-ammo) is all that I'm finding Tex, and I'm sure it's not what you're looking for....

allaroundhunter
October 24, 2011, 10:03 PM
Actually, here (http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/11920) is some that would work much better.

TexasRifleman
October 24, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks. That from Grafs is all I found too. Wonder if its reliable?

allaroundhunter
October 24, 2011, 11:11 PM
I have fired 75 rounds of their 9mm frangible ammo without a hiccup through a Beretta 92, but that's not much to go on. I'll keep on the lookout for any other 10mm frangible ammo though. If you do go with it, let me know how it works for you.

TexasRifleman
October 25, 2011, 07:51 AM
Thats the best info I have so far, thanks! I'm going to order some today and hope for the best.

FIVETWOSEVEN
October 25, 2011, 11:18 AM
Couldn't you buy .40 S&W frangible bullets and load them in 10mm?

mavracer
October 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
Since you seem to have the situation under control. I'll add that while I know it's not what your looking for but the 135gr noslers become highly frangiable at upper 10mm velocitys:eek:.

TexasRifleman
October 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
Couldn't you buy .40 S&W frangible bullets and load them in 10mm?

I probably could load my own but the police department that's letting me play in their shoot house wants factory ammo and I am trying to be nice since I'm an invited guest.

I really want to use 10 but I may have to give up and use .45 if these from Grafs don't work well but yeah, that's a great idea otherwise.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone make 10mm frangible ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!