Tyler T Grips are back!

PDA

ohio58
October 24, 2011, 09:04 PM
Tyler T Grips are Back! I sent in a check for 6 K frame T Grips.
I thought it would take weeks to get them and low and behold, i got all of them in 7 days !!!!
I think Bryan now has the business under control....great news.
All my revolvers sport them...

If you enjoyed reading about "Tyler T Grips are back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CSA 357
October 24, 2011, 10:21 PM
took me 5 weeks to get mine, i do like them on my j frame

Frank V
October 24, 2011, 10:33 PM
That is good news.
Frank

jc57
October 25, 2011, 02:45 AM
I've always owned Tyler-T grip adapters for all of my revolvers. Perfect concealment gun for me is a K-frame round-butt with the stock wood grips and Tyler-Ts to fill it out a little bit.

Glad they'll still be there in the future.

springfield30-06
November 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have been thinking about getting some Tyler-T grips. Does anyone have a picture of these grips on a S&W model 10? I would like to get the grip as close as possible to the finish of the gun, but I'm not sure if the shiny or the matte ones match up better...

ColtPythonElite
November 10, 2011, 01:31 PM
This ain't a 10, but pretty close.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=152456&stc=1&d=1320946295

saltydog452
November 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Mr. Tylers Grip adapter is good stuff. For carry, it seems to shine brightest when used with the Birami Hip-Grip.

salty

Rail Driver
November 10, 2011, 01:38 PM
S&W 10-5

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/116/4ad39c69f5da49638cb79883754d9a29/l.jpg

geologist
November 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
On a K frame model 12 round butt.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/pbgeologist/S5000001-4.jpg

robinkevin
November 10, 2011, 02:05 PM
Its sad that they are only offering flat black now from what the website says... I was wanting some chrome ones for a nickel plated J frame.

trex1310
November 10, 2011, 03:10 PM
They won't be getting any of my money.

ColtPythonElite
November 10, 2011, 07:53 PM
Its sad that they are only offering flat black now from what the website says...

I think that is for the trigger shoes only....The grips still come in both flat and shiny.

springfield30-06
November 10, 2011, 11:58 PM
Rail Driver & Geologist, do you have the shiny ones on yours?

Rail Driver
November 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
Mine was a shiny black one. It went with the gun when I traded it this past week.

788Ham
November 11, 2011, 01:18 AM
Re-read the web page, they have them in chrome, brushed ,and I believe black or dark blue.

dashootist
November 11, 2011, 01:37 AM
Are these things intended for big hands or small?

ColtPythonElite
November 11, 2011, 03:22 AM
IMO, they are intended for larger hands. The idea is to make more to hold onto without adding a bulky oversized grip. They do a wonderful job of keeping your middle finger out of the well behind the trigger guard, which in turn prevents it from getting banged up on when you fire.

springfield30-06
November 11, 2011, 10:40 AM
IMO, they are intended for larger hands. The idea is to make more to hold onto without adding a bulky oversized grip.
That is exactly why I'd like to get some. The small original wooden grip for my 10-5 feels awkwardly small in my hand. For now I have a set of Pachmayr presentation grips on it (which feel fine) but I don't think that they look very good... especially on a pencil barrel model 10.

With the original grips:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg443/scaled.php?server=443&filename=model10origgrips.jpg&res=medium

With the Pachmayr presentation grips:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg46/scaled.php?server=46&filename=model10pachmayrpresenta.jpg&res=medium

BossHogg
November 11, 2011, 03:12 PM
Which would you use for a nickel plated gun, chrome or brushed?

ColtPythonElite
November 11, 2011, 03:14 PM
Bosshog,

I don't think the ones he is calling "chrome" are actually chrome plated. I believe they are just polished to a "chrome-like" shine. That is the way they came from the previous owners....If that is the case, I'd go with the shiny one for nickel.

The one on my nickel gun up top is a polished aluminum on from several years ago. I like it. A little elbow grease every now and then keeps it shining close to the nickel on the gun.

BossHogg
November 11, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking of get one for my nickel N-frame 22-4. Also thinking of one for my 638 with C T 105 lasers. Anyone know if they work with the C T 105 lasers ?

gk2410
November 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
Do you have their web site? I've got six of them for K and J frmaes smith, both aluminum and black, from way back in the 70's or early 80's (too long to remember) and have always loved them. A friend's been trying to buy some of mine, so I want to direct him.

saltydog452
November 11, 2011, 03:59 PM
Just guessing, kinda doubtful if it was designed/marketed for a specific hand size.

It does keep the rear of the trigger guard from barking the #2 knuckle of the index finger. Along the way, it helps keep everything pointed in the same direction in double action sustained fire.

It does not improve the looks of the std service grip panels and you aren't likely to win the best dressed award at the next cook-out.

Think of it as 'going green' and consider how many trees you can save w/o buying a closet full of crack prone exotic grip panels.

The Tyler, especially with the Birami, is good stuff. Neither will get the ink of custom leather and wood suppliers.

salty

Zebraranger
November 11, 2011, 09:42 PM
Here's an original Tyler T on my Security Six.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/zebraranger/Collection/DSC00595-1-1.jpg

S&W-Keeper
November 11, 2011, 09:50 PM
I am glad that they are back. I hope that they do well.

dscampbell
November 12, 2011, 02:40 PM
No they will not work on a j frame with CT 105. It will block the activation switch pad.

BossHogg
November 12, 2011, 02:50 PM
No they will not work on a j frame with CT 105. It will block the activation switch pad.
Duh, asleep at the wheel on that one. Thanks

geologist
November 12, 2011, 03:40 PM
springfield30-06, I have a shiny finish adaptor on my model 12.

springfield30-06
November 13, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys, I'll be getting the shiny black ones for my model 10.

Do you have their web site? I've got six of them for K and J frmaes smith, both aluminum and black, from way back in the 70's or early 80's (too long to remember) and have always loved them. A friend's been trying to buy some of mine, so I want to direct him.

Here's the website http://www.t-grips.com/

They do not have online ordering though, you'll have to print out an order form and send it through the mail.

dscampbell
January 6, 2012, 10:05 PM
They are not to prompt. I ordered in dec (check cashed 12/6). Still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATCDoktor
January 7, 2012, 03:14 AM
They are not to prompt. I ordered in dec (check cashed 12/6). Still waiting

Expect about a 5 week wait.

Here's my Speed Six with a new Tyler T (arrived rught at the 5 week mark)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/ATCDoctor/001-16.jpg

OldCavSoldier
January 7, 2012, 02:07 PM
I sent in my order on 12 November and still haven't gotten the T-grip. The check was cashed but no T-grip. They don't have a telephone number or e-mail address so I had to send a snail-mail letter inquiring about my purchase. I know they are a small business, and the holidays, but, seven weeks..........geez!

dscampbell
January 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
Five weeks and still waiting

medic_guns
January 7, 2012, 11:46 PM
I wanted some for my 13-2, but the speedloader won't clear my stock grips, so I ordered a Pachmayer decelerator instead.

trex1310
January 8, 2012, 08:30 PM
As far as I'm concerned Tyler can keep their grip and I'm sure
you can guess what they can do with it. It was shameless the
way they treated their customers. They won't get any of my
business ever again. I can get by without their product,

trex1310
January 8, 2012, 08:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned Tyler can keep their grip and I;m sure
you can guess what they can do with it. It was shameless the
way they treated their customers. They won't get any of my
business ever again. I can get by without their product,

ColtPythonElite
January 8, 2012, 10:17 PM
I sent a check out on 11/17. It's been cashed, but no T-Grips, yet.

dscampbell
January 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
My Tyler T Grip arrived in the mail today. Order mailed in 11. Check cashed 12/6. Long weight but quality of t grip excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidder
January 19, 2012, 02:57 AM
Is it just me, or do others think they're ugly? I've never seen the beauty in these grips.

Reminds me of some sort of cyst or cancerous tumor growing off the side of the handgun. Why not just get a target/oversize grip? The only advantage I can see is concealed carry. Sorry for being honest, but I think they're ugly. To each his own I guess.

nosreme
January 19, 2012, 04:51 AM
Large hand here-knuckle of my middle finger gets battered black and blue by standard mag loads in the L- and N- frame S&Ws. At first I thought based on what I had read (but not seen) maybe these would be the solution, but they're ugly and apparently the gun equivalent of vaporware, and it's clear that the rear of the trigger guard and my knuckle would be still destined to meet violently. I took the high-tech route: a couple layers of moleskin wrapped around my offending knuckle did the trick beautifully. I'll try an even more sophisticated route next time: a finger cut off an old heavy leather work glove. Glad I didn't try to order these Tyler things and hope those of you who did get them.

DAdams
January 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a bush league operation and their customer service is non-existant. I was going to try some out, but they can keep their grip item.

No email, no CC, etc? I'm voting with my money, and they aren't getting any of it.

I agree they are not attractive and as an item to get a better grip I would rather buy some nice combat grips, even if they are more money.

Frank V
January 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Skidder
The beauty in those Tylers is not in asthetics, but the way they give more purchase to the grip of your gun without adding bulk where it will be hard to hide in concealed carry. They fill in behind the triggerguard & give a better grip. I've used them a lot & they don't distract from putting a J frame in your pants pocket like a larger set of stocks to give a better purchase on the gun will.
I don't think anyone buys them for the looks, but for the practicality.
I might be wrong there though. I for one don't think they are particularly ugly.
Frank

nosreme
January 19, 2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe "ugly" isn't the right word, so much as that they spoil gun's the classic lines. Kind of like training wheels on a Harley or an aftermarket JC Whitney spoiler on a classic 356-series Porsche.

deputy tom
January 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm glad they are back in production.What do they cost these days? My last purchase was a polished K-frame for $6.95 at the local high priced gunshop.tom.:cool:

skidder
January 19, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ugly? Yah, I should have used a different word, I guess. Can't figure out what that word should be, maybe "disfigured"? Is that better? My coworkers tell me I lack culture. Maybe I should go to more Operas, Plays, and Concerts and come back with a more elegant/dignified description. Naaaaa....I would rather spend my time reading/looking at your guns, with or without the Tyler T grips.;)

Elm Creek Smith
January 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
Okay. For you who think that T-Grips are ugly, don't buy them. Некультурный? Perhaps you just don't understand the culture. For those of you who are slamming a small businessman for having some problems dragging a formerly well-respected company back from the brink of dissolution due to family conflicts, get over yourself. You think you could do better? This is "The High Road." Try keeping it there, huh?

ECS

skidder
January 20, 2012, 02:44 AM
Nobody's slamming anybody, and the "culture" I'm referring to is what some call the "Fine Arts". It was a joke to show my lack of "Proper English". I'm not sure how you took it, but it was in no way meant to be twisted into a personal attack on a small business owner.

nosreme
January 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
Hmpfff. I developed my addiction to classical music in general and opera in particular in Montana And am therefore officially offended. (Ugly is ugly, no matter how daintily and euphemistically couched).

Elm Creek Smith
January 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
I apologize, skidder, if you thought I accused you of slamming the owner/operator of Tyler T-Grips. As usual, a shotgun approach to a message board is never a good idea, and I was wrong to use it. I should have been more specific in my disgust for the way some people, who probably never would have purchased Tyler T-Grips in the first place, have attacked J.R.

The beauty of Tyler T-Grips was, and is, that they didn't add bulk, were reasonably inexpensive, and greatly added to the controlability of double-action revolvers. This, at a time when your choices were service or target stocks and well before injection molded plastic and rubber grips, may have influenced my perceptions. The beautiful lines of a classic Smith & Wesson or Colt revolver may be "marred" by the lines of the T-Grip in some people's eyes, but a polished aluminum T-Grip on a nickeled Smith or a shiny black one on a blued Model 10 is a thing of beauty to me.

YMMV

ECS

skidder
January 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Curious? I've never held one, but does your pinky have a home on the grip?

ColtPythonElite
January 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have them on both smaller and larger guns. With each, my pinky just touchs the bottom of the Tyler T.

FWIW, I just got my two in today fom the order I sent in on November 17. Sure, that was a while, but I still won't complain. It beats last year when they weren't making them and used ones for going for 2-3 times what they cost.

dscampbell
January 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ordered in November check cleared 12/6. Package arrived Wednesday. Quality of the t grip is excellent. It was worth the wait

Frank V
January 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
Heck Skidder, I don't think using ugly when something really is to you is in appropriate. I've called several guns ugly & to me they are, I'm not offended by the word & would hope others aren't either.
Frank

ArkieVol
January 21, 2012, 03:32 AM
Yesterday I received the two T-grips I ordered back in November ...AND the three bronze ones I ordered in Oct 2010!!!On one of the invoices was a very nice personal note apologizing for the long delay and wishing me well in the future. Nice touch and very much appreciated.

Apparently the new owner is a man of his word and has a sincere interest in rebuilding the good reputation of the company. I will support him in that effort and will order more T-grips in the near future.

BTW: I like the way they look but am more concerned about how they feel and function...both are excellent!

lowercase
January 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
Just got one in the mail. Took just over 3 weeks.

Looks good on my old Model 10.

Frank V
January 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
Just over three weeks seems reasonable to me.
Frank

Frank V
January 24, 2012, 11:58 AM
There seems to be about an equal division between I'm going to order one & they won't get any of my money.
What do you think the risk is to order one & not get it?
Frank

dscampbell
January 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
My opinion is you will get what you order but the time frame will be not as quick if he does not have what you want in stock. What I have gotten from them have been worth the wait.

OldCavSoldier
January 24, 2012, 04:05 PM
I sent in my order on 12 November and still haven't gotten the T-grip. The check was cashed but no T-grip. They don't have a telephone number or e-mail address so I had to send a snail-mail letter inquiring about my purchase. I know they are a small business, and the holidays, but, seven weeks..........geez!
I received my T-grip on Monday, 23 Jan, after placing the order in November. Long time, but, there WAS Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year in between.

Mounted the T-grip on my M37.....oooooohhhhhh.....aaaaahhhhhh....is it ever nice....and functional, too!

I'm gonna order some more!!

birdshooter
January 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Got my brushed aluminum J frame T Grip yesterday and my check was cashed 1/5/12. Not a bad wait at all. It's my first T Grip and so far I'm very happy with it. Can't wait to shoot the little 442 with it on there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tyler T Grips are back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!