How good are the newly made High Standard 22 pistols?

PDA

snooperman
October 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
I have an older one made in Hamden that is a great shooter and was thinking about getting a new one. If you have a new one or have had one , feel free to respond with positive or negative comments about it. Thanks, Snoop

If you enjoyed reading about "How good are the newly made High Standard 22 pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
October 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
I didn't even know they were making them. I knew about the High Standard 1911s, which are high standard in name only from what I understand.

tuj
October 27, 2011, 04:34 PM
They are good, but not as good as a higher-end 22 target pistol like a Pardini or FWB. They fall sort of in that intermediate category with the S&W M41; better out of the box than a MKIII or buckmark but not as good as the dedicated high-end target pistols.

mbopp
October 27, 2011, 05:43 PM
Check out rimfirecentral and their HS forum. The general consensus is that the early Texas HS guns left a lot to be desired but the newer ones are OK.
Me? I'll keep my Hamden one.

1SOW
October 27, 2011, 09:50 PM
Check out rimfirecentral and their HS forum. The general consensus is that the early Texas HS guns left a lot to be desired but the newer ones are OK.
Me? I'll keep my Hamden one.

Exactly what I've "heard". I have no experience with the TX models other than accidently ordering one of their FP's that I didn't like/use.

Furncliff
October 28, 2011, 02:48 PM
The folks on rimfire central.com have had a fair amount of contact with the owner of H.S.. I read the general consensus as "they are making an effort and the pistols seem better".

But from what I've seen the new pistols are quite spendy and a good Hamden pistol might provide more bank for the buck.

If you enjoyed reading about "How good are the newly made High Standard 22 pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!