Impressed with SIG service

PDA

wbwanzer
October 27, 2011, 07:01 PM
I have a SIG 229 that was failing to extract. I am not the original owner of this gun. I contacted SIG about sending it to them and they said to use UPS or FedEx. I sent it on a Monday (got raped by UPS for overnight delivery :eek:). So SIG received it on Tuesday. On Saturday they were sending it back. :D

In my note to them I told them to email me or call my cell to advise of payment arrangements. There was no charge. THey didn't ask if I was the original purchaser, but I told them to contact me about payment.

So they turned it around in a week and I didn't have to pay (except UPS) I'm impressed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Impressed with SIG service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
October 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
Does it work?

wbwanzer
October 27, 2011, 07:11 PM
Does it work?

Good question! I don't know yet. The gunsmith said that he put 50 rounds throught it without a stoppage, so I'm hoping it's good. I'm going to try to test it next week.

sigarms228
October 27, 2011, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear about the excellent service. I have been hearing a lot about SIG taking care of SIG owners even if it is out of warranty in many cases.

Other complain about the fact they will not refinish a pistol because it has a microscopic blemish in the finish that you need a magnifying glass to see .:rolleyes:

rellascout
October 27, 2011, 07:22 PM
Right because Sig never refuses to fix legitimate QC problem. Victoria at Sig CS said this is within spec. Just a mark left by the drying hanger from the Nitron process. This is on a brand new Sig P229 SAS. They told the owner to live with it.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t213/rellascout/SigSlide.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Impressed with SIG service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!